My husband and I spent a month in Europe Summer 16, did 2 days in Athens, and had a great time here. This hotel is amazing. It's got welcoming vibes for young luxe travelers!!!
While Air BnB's luxury tier is great (which we used alot in Italy) - this hotel helped me remember why even the best Air BnB can't stop the hotel industry. **THE SERVICE** White glove that beats out any BnB host.
* It's in the center of Syntagma Square - you're steps from the old palace, and close to the Acropolis - we could see it from the balcony in our rooms.
* They're connected to the Grand Bretagne next door. If you're looking for a chill place to have great drinks and engaging conversation it'll be perfect (they have a rooftop bar with amazing views - seeing the acropolis by night is awesome here).
* You can't beat the close vicinity to many of the archeological sites.
We felt very safe at night in the city center. We didn't really go out at night beyond the center and the Grand Bretagne (so tired and honestly a bit hung over after Santorini), so I can't speak on the nightlife or the news headlines recently coming out of Zakynthos / bringing up old stories on travel to Athens. This is what really prompted me to post this.
Greece was so hospitable. We received so much love our whole trip - from the islands to Athens. I learned how to properly pronounce words I've been hearing in history books my whole life bc someone heard me, stopped in the streets, and walked me through how to say it.
Literally had family style dish settings where locals sitting at a table next to us told the waiter to give us the dish they ordered instead because they wanted us to sample something awesome on the menu that we might've never tried otherwise (Whatup Moussaka!). Vegan life will be thrown on hiatus while traveling in Greece. Lamb is life. Feta makes the world betta! I now know that we Americans suck at food.
It breaks my heart to hear young people with money to burn say they're thinking about skipping it. DO NOT! Greece is awesome and I can't wait to go back. When we do Athens again, we'll be at King George to hit the sites we missed the first time. Book that flight + reserve this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE RESIDENCE OF DISCRETE LUXURY IN ATHENS Dating back to 1930 and located in the centre of Athens, the 5-star King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel represents the absolute essence of a fascinating boutique hotel. Perfectly situated for captivating experiences, a truly inspiring and gracious venue, King George is located within walking distance from the wonders of Athens. The Acropolis, Agora, Plaka and Thission are nearby, so too are upmarket boutiques, world-renowned museums, and the city's vibrant business district. With 102 rooms and suites, a Penthouse Suite with private outdoor pool overlooking the fabled Acropolis, Tudor Hall Restaurant and incomparable views of the city's landmarks, King George finds its best expression in the outstanding personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King George Palace Hotel Athens
- King George Hotel Athens