“ATHENS LUXURY WITH A FANTASTIC LOCATION.”

King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #6 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Prior to my stay , I knew I would love this hotel, due to the attention and detail the Concierge Team provided me. They arranged from Airport pick up to Acropolis Private City Tour. As I arrived to the Hotel , the location was amazing across from Parliament House and walking distance to most of the key sites you would want to see in the City.The lobby is a Grand Decor Marble Lobby yet with a cool modern twist. The David Bowie portrait as you walk in , put a smile to my face. The staff is top notch from the doorman, housekeeping and front desk. I booked the Grande Suite category , facing with a view of the Acropolis. The decor is traditional and had all the amenities you need when staying in a luxury hotel .Personally , I loved the deep soaking marble tub, a must after walking all day in the heat of Athens. The sister property next door is wonderful and we had signing privilege. I used the Barber Shop, and ate dinner at the roof top of the GB Hotel. King George Hotel you will always be my home away from home when in Athens. The General Manager name is Tim Ananiadis and I must commend him for a fantastic team.

Room Tip: Book a high floor facing the Acropolis....
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter G
There are newer reviews for King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This hotel was perfectly located and very comfortable. Do yourself a favor and use indoor pool and spa next door at the Britagne. It is amazing. And don't be disappointed that you can't use the outdoor pool there. The indoor pool and spa is WONDERFUL. My daughter was upset that she could not use the outdoor pool until we visited the spa. It was one of the highlights of the stay! The service over all was great. The beds are great. Pillows are great. We were very happy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Woofus
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the positives: the hotel is beautiful and in a great location. The restaurant on the 7th floor serves a wonderful breakfast and the restaurant itself is impeccably run. I was upgraded to a suite (I have platinum status), and the room was large and very comfortable. Probably one of the most comfortable beds that you'll find.

Now to the negative: the hotel itself is portly run. I arrived in Athens close to midnight and had an early morning tour scheduled for the next day. I as staying for 3 nights, but under 2 reservations (part of the nights was being paid for by points). Upon checking in, I was told that I would probably need to switch rooms the next day but they wouldn't know until the morning. I expressed my unhappiness with this potential as I was going to be gone all day and that the very reason why I paid for the first night (instead of using points...the hotel was "sold out" for points that night) was so that I didn't have to worry about changing hotels or rooms. When I came down the next morning to see what decision had been made, I was told that I'd have to wait until after 0900 when the manager got it and that i should pack everything up because I might need to move.

As you all are familiar, repacking when you're trying to relax and make a tour departure time is not fun and puts a damper on your day. But I did this. When I arrived back after a long day of touring Delphi, the manager was unapologetic and didn't see why I was annoyed. It took the very nice front desk lady to see my annoyance and offer me an apology (which is really all that I was looking for).

In addition to this, there were room attendant carts blocking the hallway at all times of day, a toilet that kept running, a shower drain that wouldn't drain, and a shower head that sprayed all over. For the price of this hotel, I think this is all really unacceptable. If you've read my reviews of places in the past, you know I'm not a negative Nancy, but I don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ashley l
King-George-Athens, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We are truly disappointed we did not meet your expectations; this is certainly not the kind of service we offer to our guests. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience with your room this is honestly one of our busiest months with the hotel being fully booked. Indeed, there was no room available at the time however a last minute cancellation came through while you were on your tour. It is always our top priority to accommodate guests with consecutive stays in the same room as we absolutely understand how uncomfortable it can be changing rooms. Your feedback is important to us and please rest assured that all the issues raised have been addressed to prevent any similar reoccurrences in the future. On a positive note, we are happy you enjoyed our hotel’s prime location and the Tudor Hall Restaurant. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and prove to you that we can serve you better.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The King George in Athens was our last stop of a 17 day trip through Austria and Greece. We had a lovely stay at the King George -- the hotel is beautiful and perfectly located in the Center of Athens, close to the Plaka, Parliament, Syntagma Square and an efficient metro system that takes you wherever you wish to visit in Athens. Our rooms were on the small side but service was very good. Staff is very attentive to needs and respond very quickly. Our daughter was ill during our stay and a doctor was dispatched within minutes. Dinner at Tudor Hall with an suberb view of the Acropolis, unforgettable.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Clarygrace
Reviewed 30 July 2017

For my first visit to Athens, I was very pleased having selected King George - it was an easy 45 minutes Metro ride (via the blue line) to Syntagma Square, and when you emerge from the train station, the hotel is right before your eyes.

The doorman were extremely friendly, offering me suggestions on where to wander my first jet-lagged day, and recognizing me/welcoming me back, when I'd gone to an island for a few days and re-stayed at the King George.

The hotel is pricey, but the location was fantastic - near the Plaka, right by the national gardens (beautiful for my a.m. walks or to sit and read) and a fantastic view of the Acropolis from the breakfast room (and some of the guest rooms). The room I booked included breakfast (not sure if all rooms do) and it was ample - with lots of great general and Greek choices. Plus the young woman who seemed to be the head hostess (I can't remember her name but she is lovely) couldn't have been sweeter- encouraging me to try some of the local options and bringing me a delicious glass of watermelon juice. Everything was so fresh and delicious!

I slept well and comfortably. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo