King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Melia Athens(Athens)
US$166
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Areos Hotel(Athens)
US$317
NJV Athens Plaza(Athens)
US$695
1,040 results
All reviewstudor hallgrande bretagnesister hotelsyntagma squareupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelparliament buildingsitting roomclassic roomrooftop restaurantadjoining roomsbeautiful roomindoor poolfront desk staffperfect locationtop floorperfect stay
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This hotel was perfectly located and very comfortable. Do yourself a favor and use indoor pool and spa next door at the Britagne. It is amazing. And don't be disappointed that you can't use the outdoor pool there. The indoor pool and spa is WONDERFUL. My daughter was upset that she could not use the outdoor pool until we visited the spa. It was one of the highlights of the stay! The service over all was great. The beds are great. Pillows are great. We were very happy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Woofus
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the positives: the hotel is beautiful and in a great location. The restaurant on the 7th floor serves a wonderful breakfast and the restaurant itself is impeccably run. I was upgraded to a suite (I have platinum status), and the room was large and very comfortable. Probably one of the most comfortable beds that you'll find.

Now to the negative: the hotel itself is portly run. I arrived in Athens close to midnight and had an early morning tour scheduled for the next day. I as staying for 3 nights, but under 2 reservations (part of the nights was being paid for by points). Upon checking in, I was told that I would probably need to switch rooms the next day but they wouldn't know until the morning. I expressed my unhappiness with this potential as I was going to be gone all day and that the very reason why I paid for the first night (instead of using points...the hotel was "sold out" for points that night) was so that I didn't have to worry about changing hotels or rooms. When I came down the next morning to see what decision had been made, I was told that I'd have to wait until after 0900 when the manager got it and that i should pack everything up because I might need to move.

As you all are familiar, repacking when you're trying to relax and make a tour departure time is not fun and puts a damper on your day. But I did this. When I arrived back after a long day of touring Delphi, the manager was unapologetic and didn't see why I was annoyed. It took the very nice front desk lady to see my annoyance and offer me an apology (which is really all that I was looking for).

In addition to this, there were room attendant carts blocking the hallway at all times of day, a toilet that kept running, a shower drain that wouldn't drain, and a shower head that sprayed all over. For the price of this hotel, I think this is all really unacceptable. If you've read my reviews of places in the past, you know I'm not a negative Nancy, but I don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ashley l
King-George-Athens, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We are truly disappointed we did not meet your expectations; this is certainly not the kind of service we offer to our guests. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience with your room this is honestly one of our busiest months with the hotel being fully booked. Indeed, there was no room available at the time however a last minute cancellation came through while you were on your tour. It is always our top priority to accommodate guests with consecutive stays in the same room as we absolutely understand how uncomfortable it can be changing rooms. Your feedback is important to us and please rest assured that all the issues raised have been addressed to prevent any similar reoccurrences in the future. On a positive note, we are happy you enjoyed our hotel’s prime location and the Tudor Hall Restaurant. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and prove to you that we can serve you better.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The King George in Athens was our last stop of a 17 day trip through Austria and Greece. We had a lovely stay at the King George -- the hotel is beautiful and perfectly located in the Center of Athens, close to the Plaka, Parliament, Syntagma Square and an efficient metro system that takes you wherever you wish to visit in Athens. Our rooms were on the small side but service was very good. Staff is very attentive to needs and respond very quickly. Our daughter was ill during our stay and a doctor was dispatched within minutes. Dinner at Tudor Hall with an suberb view of the Acropolis, unforgettable.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Clarygrace
Reviewed 30 July 2017

For my first visit to Athens, I was very pleased having selected King George - it was an easy 45 minutes Metro ride (via the blue line) to Syntagma Square, and when you emerge from the train station, the hotel is right before your eyes.

The doorman were extremely friendly, offering me suggestions on where to wander my first jet-lagged day, and recognizing me/welcoming me back, when I'd gone to an island for a few days and re-stayed at the King George.

The hotel is pricey, but the location was fantastic - near the Plaka, right by the national gardens (beautiful for my a.m. walks or to sit and read) and a fantastic view of the Acropolis from the breakfast room (and some of the guest rooms). The room I booked included breakfast (not sure if all rooms do) and it was ample - with lots of great general and Greek choices. Plus the young woman who seemed to be the head hostess (I can't remember her name but she is lovely) couldn't have been sweeter- encouraging me to try some of the local options and bringing me a delicious glass of watermelon juice. Everything was so fresh and delicious!

I slept well and comfortably. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jill567
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed on June 27 for one night in a classic room. I had asked upon check-in if the room was near an elevator as I did not want a room near the elevator. I was told no, but upon arrival to our room it was right across the elevator. We went back to the front desk and they changed our room to 414 which faced the back of the building. I want to mention that the front desk did not take kindly to our booking through Expedia. They told me I should have booked directly with the hotel in order to get a better room.(something to think about for the future as the other hotel I booked in Mykonos said the same thing).

Pros
-Great Location-
-Tudor Hall Restaurant - great food, service and the view of the Acropolis is stunning!!!!

Cons
-Turndown service was a miss as they did not clean up the coffee we had nor was it refilled so we can make coffee in the morning
-Shower was hot and cold without adjusting the water....a few times it would just get very hot and then go right to cold

Overall for the wonderful price of $554.86 for one night you get a great location and the view of the back of the hotel - I suggest researching a bit before choosing this location....

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmp660
King-George-Athens, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you writing your TripAdvisor review after your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We were disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations. Also, we would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with your room, your comments have been discussed with the Front Office Manager for immediate action. On a positive note, we are glad you enjoyed our Tudor Hall Restaurant and the hotel’s prime location. Your feedback has been carefully considered and thank you for highlighting these points to our attention. We hope that we will be given the opportunity to welcome you back on a future stay.