King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel
US$148
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Areos Hotel(Athens)
US$116
Herodion Hotel(Athens)
US$231
US$103
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$162
Melia Athens(Athens)
US$201
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

US$198
US$132
US$148
US$307
US$200
US$379
1,041 results
All reviewstudor hallgrande bretagnesister hotelsyntagma squareupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelparliament buildingsitting roomclassic roomrooftop restaurantadjoining roomsbeautiful roomindoor poolfront desk staffperfect locationtop floorperfect stay
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The minute you walk into the King George you know it's going to be a pleasant experience.
Doormen are very friendly and helpful as are the front desk staff.
Coming from the US, we needed a room in the morning and Kleopatra did everything she could to get us into our room as soon as one came available.
The rooms are small so if you can, try to upgrade to a larger room or suite. We did that on our way back through Athens.
The breakfast is a feast, the staff so nice and attentive. You couldn't ask for better service and they should all be commended for that.
Location great..
Definite stay here when visiting Athens

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison L
Reviewed 16 July 2017

King George is a wonderful property in the heart of Athens. All tourist locations are close by. The Acropolis is a 20-minute walk. There are also lovely cafes and restaurants located nearby besides boutiques and shopping.

We were upgraded to a suite which was a bonus. The swimming pool is located in the sister hotel - Grand Bretange - next door and is a lovely place. The pedicurist at the hotel was excellent and good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

What a beautiful hotel! We stayed 4 nights and everything was excellent. The rooms are beautiful, they accommodated our request to have adjoining rooms with our children, and the service is impeccable. The breakfast is one of the best we’ve ever had while traveling abroad – beautiful buffet of hot and cold foods plus a full menu, all served with a show-stopping view of the Acropolis. The hotel was conveniently located in the Syntagma district on the same square as the parliament building where the changing of guard takes place. Plenty of shopping and restaurants (mostly touristy) around though we were able to walk to several great restaurants recommended by the concierge. The KG doesn’t have its own pool and the fitness room is very small, but guests may use the pool, spa, and fitness facilities at the adjacent sister hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was our second stay, this time we traveled with our children and had 2 connecting rooms which were perfect. Very clean, quiet, and luxurious. I never have allergy problems here since they have wood floors and not carpet. The location is really convenient to all of the walking areas and historical sights. The staff is always very helpful with any questions, and the Bellman have, both stays, come right to our taxi driver to make sure we were getting charged the appropriate rate, which is fixed to and from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Isn't it perfect when you can return to a hotel which you have rated with 5 points out of 5?
The concierge send me a mail 2 days before my arrival asking if the hotel can do things in advance to make my stay more enjoyable.
Now every guest would believe that this hotel is really interested in you and that they are caring about guest satisfaction. Or is the sense to make more profit with guests?

So I answered the mail and informed the hotel that I am a frequent guest and in addition I stayed several times in the neighbor sister hotel Grande Bretagne which is located in the next house less than 10 meter away.

Check In:
Upon arrival there was no warm welcome. We received the keycard to room 104 facing the busy road in front of the hotel with view to the square and government building.
The room has a balcony.
Nobody has guided us to this room! When entering the room there was not a card with a warm welcome! There was no decoration like a flower, cookies or sweets and not even a bottle of mineral water.
So I went down to the lady and asked if there is not an advantage for frequent guests.
Her question was: " What do you mean? "
Then I have told her our experience and have told her that I have answered the mail from the concierge and mentioned that I am a frequent guest.

So we left the reception to have a drink at the Bar in the 7th floor.
This belongs to the Tudor Restaurant.
See my separate review under the name of the restaurant where we had dinner the same evening.
On return to our room we saw that in the meantime we received some bottles of mineral water after my complaint at the reception.

Balcony: Now we wanted to sit on the balcony. But guess what: The door was locked and protected with a cable. Guests are unable to open the balcony doors!
I needed to call the reception to ask that somebody should open the doors with a key!

So we left the room. On return we saw that now somebody has unlocked the door.
Now we entered the balcony and got the next shock!
There was only one chair!!!
Again I called the reception and asked for the second chair!
It was brought fast. But this new second chair was not the same type of chair. It was coming out of a conference room and not comfortable at all.

Bathroom:
In the evening after a hot day I wanted to have my bath in the bathtub.
So I filled in the water. When I returned from the toilet there was a flooding in the bathroom! What was the reason?
At the same time water was running out of the water taps and also out of the hand shower!
I needed to clean and dry the bathroom.
After then having had a bath I wanted to let out the waste water. But it was impossible!
The complete technical sanitary equipment was faulty!
Why was the staff unable to see, check and repair it?

Breakfast:
I took a slice of bread. The taste was awful! The bread was totally hard as a stone, dry and old! The choice for breakfast was limited but of course we got offered to order from the menu.

Bill at Check Out:
For this almost simple room we got charged with 412,00 per night!
When you see the offered prices from their website you should always not forget that you need to add taxes and additional amounts!
So finally you never can see the excact (!) amount you finally need to pay. This is important to know when you compare prices for hotel rooms!

Nobody has asked for guest satisfaction.

Doorman:
When leaving the hotel he brought the luggage to the car. After he has got his tip he felt unable to close the door from the car.

This was our last stay in this hotel.

My personal individual rating:

Check in + check out: 1 point
Location: 2-3 points

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank AlsterHamburg
King-George-Athens, Manager at King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at the King George Hotel. We were sorry to read that you were not satisfied with your return visit at our hotel and would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused. We have already discussed all points raised with the department heads in order for remedial action to be taken where needed. Your feedback helps us become better and for this we would like to thank you. We hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and prove to you that we have very high standards of hospitality.