1,820 results
All reviews rooftop pool metro station lobby bar high floor bit dated public transportation buffet breakfast visit athens yogurt central athens panormou penthouse taxis europe acropolis
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Location by a busy street, and the vehicle noise reached easily the room on the 11th floor. The room was spacious and clean. Service was kind and friendly. Breakfast quality was average and the variety of dishes sufficient. The room was a bit aged resembling in style the '80's, but still fairly comfortable and a nice city view of out the the window.

Room tip: A room on back side of the house recommedable due to street noise on the other side.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tapani_makinen
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Impossible to sleep - there is no sound isolation, you feel like in the middle of the street. I changed 4 rooms, cause I just couldn’t sleep, but in all of them windows were so worn out, aged that they wouldn’t properly close and you could literally count every car on the street, day and night. Even after my multiple complains and shouting at the lobby, the staff would not allow me to cancel the booking, since “it’s not on the conditions”. What they did is they called the mechaniker to fix the window, but the mechaniker would look at it and say that the windows don’t close, because the building is so aged and there is nothing he could do, so he offered me to glue the tape around the window frames, so it would work as sound isolation. It was a business trip, my job payed for my being in Athens, but because it was impossible to sleep, I was not effective at work, hence it was a waste of time and money.
To conclude - any hotel needs to fulfill two minimum requirements: the guests need to be able to take a shower and they need to be able to sleep. This hotel does not meet the latter requirement, hence it is not suited for accomodating people.
It is worthless to discuss about the 4 star rating this hotel has, since it is not possilbe to sleep there, but a few comments though: when you come from the lobby to your room, you start thinking it’s a joke. In all the 4 rooms I changed the ceiling and the carpets were totally worn out, aged and dirty, there was mold in the shower, windows didn’t properly close, in 3/4 rooms the beds were narrow and sliding apart. In 2/4 rooms the toilets were leaking water. During breakfast a selection of food was offered, but quite often no place to sit, no spoon or no fork and no water, since there was a huge lack of staff and sitting area. The coffee was bearly drinkable, no juice, but a powder+water combination from the juice machine. Try the multivitamin - the powder concentration there is so high, that you’ll spit it out, literally.
The staff was professional, but there was nothing they could do and I feel sorry for them to have to work there.
On the website the hotel is shown as modern, comfortable etc, but as soon as you enter the room you notice that you were cheated and given a dirty super loud room, where you cannot even sleep. Complaining doesn’t help. AVOID IT by any means.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Rooms are just ok. Breakfast was good. Location is a long way from city center. Traffic getting in and out of hotel is horrible. One morning we waited forty five minutes for our tour bus to getting into the hotel parking lot. Elevators are slow, low capacity and always overloaded. Would not return.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018

While touring Greece in 2017 my partner and i stayed in the President Hotel for several days. Our room on the eleventh floor gave us a marvelous view over the city. The service we received from the hotel staff surpassed expectations. The only downside is meal times when large parties of guests are booked in it gets rather hectic in the dinning hall, but compared to all other positives of the hotel it will not mar your stay there. Anyone fortunate to visit Athens must try to book into the President Hotel if possible.My partner and i will definitely stay there again if we return to Athens in the future.

Room tip: Book the highest floor for a great view of the city
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Initially booked this hotel through Booking.com but because of their policy that if you check out early the full cost would be charged I instead booked directly with the hotel stating that I may be leaving early. Guess what, I left early and have been charged the full amount, over a week extra. At no point was I informed of this and certainly not at time of booking. They even had the audacity to tell me that I had been under charged! My cost was also taken from my credit card on my second day. The laundry service is abysmal. I handed my clothes in to reception before 8am and even after numerous complaints I did not get it back until the next day. The laundry service even made an attempt to get in to my room at 11pm on the day I had handed it in when I was already asleep. The breakfast is nothing to write home about and due to the fact that there are always busloads of people there the breakfast area is full with no seating. If you complain to anyone on the front desk they get aggressive and in the end just ignore you. The hotel is not situated in a very good area and the road noise, even on the 10th floor is loud. On the morning of my checkout following my complaint I was told that the manager would call me to discuss it but some 'lackey' called instead and did not resolve the problem. The room was adequate at best with instead of a double bed 2 singles were pushed together. The shower was too low for me and all I could hear through the evening was the flush water from rooms above running down the pipework in the bathroom. As I say in my title, avoid at all costs.

Trip type: Travelled on business