Cecil Hotel
Hotel Tempi(Athens)
Fresh Hotel(Athens)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscage elevatoreconomy double roomgreat locationmetro stationathinas streetmonastiraki squarebudget stayboiled eggsyogurtbasic roomcentral marketwithin walking distanceroom facingbreakfast was includedside streetwould definitely stay here againbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2018

This place is in the perfect location! I will surly come back and stay here if I visit Athens again. The price is reasonable and the views are outstanding! I was able to see the Acropolis from my bedroom. The staff was friendly and helped us pick out the perfect tour to see the sights.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for transition to airport for domestic flights.
Basic room with accessible wifi, tv with many channels.
Walking distance to town and restaurants. Quiet room and provide good breakfast choice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

OK, it doesn't have a swimming pool or its own shopping mall, but you can't knock this place for location (it's just a 5 minute walk from Monastiraki Square and the Metro) or value for money. I've seen some people complain about the breakfast, but I thought that was fine - a choice of cereals, fruit, break and cakes, cheese, jam, etc. tea and coffee. If you expect haute cusisine for breakfast, then don't expect budget prices.

My room was clean and, being on the roof terrace, had a great view of the Acropolis. Everything seemed to work OK, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The only possible drawbacks were that the 4 or 5 roof terrace rooms on the very top floor aren't served by the lift - I took that as far as it went, then had to carry my bags up a narrow spiral staircase which was little more than a metal ladder. It was OK for me, but might prove a challenge for someone who was less mobile - but I guess such a person could request a room on a lower floor. The only other thing which wasn't great was that WiFi was only available on the lower floors, and even there the signal wasn't so strong.

However, great location, friendly, helpful staff and great value for money. I'd certainly go there again.

Room Tip: If you are mobile, and would like a great view, ask for a roof terrace room. Otherwise, ask for a room on one of the lower floors.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here for one night last week because we wanted to experience the old lift and the spiral stairs that wrap around the elevator shaft. The room was small but comfortable and had a tiny balcony that opened to the side street (hence there was a view) - this was fair value for the price we paid, for this hotel category.

Everything in the room worked and it was a good night's sleep.

The breakfast room has charm and the buffet choice is reasonable for this hotel category.

All the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. This is a good hotel along Athinas Road.

Room Tip: any room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nick_ng
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I booked here for 2 nights, a week apart It is a great hotel and great location Unfortunately, my own mistake, I inadvertently made innocent error on booking for first night and pressed wrong key for month. I cancelled a month in advance, but Cecil have charged me full 50 euros. This has totally put me off anything to with this hotel. Staff were NOT friendly or helpful

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo