3,554 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantathenian panoramapanoramic roomzeus templetop floornice poolacropolis metro stationpublic areasexcellent locationbuffet breakfasthadrian's archan amazing viewroof gardenluxury hotelplaka districtmajor sitesmain attractions
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely old hotel well situated near acropolis and temple of Zeus. Roof-top restaurant has fabulous views and good food. Disappointing service -staff did nothing to be welcoming or helpful (except for a fabulous American-trained doorman!). Some basic services you'd expect at a luxury hotel (like an iron or change for €50) were not available. Breakfast only available after 7am so you're out of luck for early departures (cookies are not breakfast!!).

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed her for 2 nights at the start of our holiday. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was very comfortable although our view was only of a road. One of the highlights is the rooftop restaurant where we took breakfast. There is a wonderful view of the Acropolis. Good selection at breakfast. Lovely swimming pool however, not really suitable under 5ft 2 unless very confident in the water. Very pretty lobby with a very comfortable library which we enjoyed until leaving for our ferry.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The location was great, nice view, decent breakfast, and mostly nice staff. That's where it ended. Our AC did not work in our room. We told the front desk and they sent a repairman to look at it. He came in the room held his hand to vent and said he would be back in 2 minutes. He never returned. We went back to the desk on our way out to dinner and the staff at the desk said if it was not fixed by time we came back from dinner we could be moved to another room. When we returned from dinner the new staff had no idea what was going on. The man behind the desk, don't remember his name but he was an obese man with a goatee. He came to our room and told me I was wrong that the AC was working. I showed him it would not work past 24 celsius. He then took me to the only other available room in the hotel where the AC was also not working and told me I could have that room. He knew the AC was broken in both rooms but insisted that the whole hotel was set to 24 celsius. He called me a liar when I told him the unit in our room was separate from the whole hotel. He was the most rude and condescending person I have ever dealt with. He ruined our experience at this hotel. Also the staff does not have a log book to track what happens during shift changes. You have to explain the same problem to them over and over again. In hindsight I should have been more persistent to get the problem resolved but assumed the staff was capable of fixing the issues but they obviously were not. It was a costly assumption on my part. Don't go here unless they can guarantee before you arrive you won't suffocate in your room.

Room Tip: Make sure the AC works
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

It’s magnificent at its onset and true reflection of its name ROYAL . The rooms are like one of the best I have ever been in. The staff is helpful
You should always try to take panorama rooms They have a beautiful panoramic view
Overall the stay was very nice

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I followed most of a facebook posters suggestions and worried that this wasn't one of his recommendations; however, my sons Uncle (who is from Greece) and Aunt recommended the Royal Olympic hotel and said that it's where they always stay when visiting, so thought I'd try it. After booking a non refundable room, I read some of the not so great reviews about it and was extremely worried. All the worry was for nothing. The people working at the hotel and our room was perfect!!! I can't believe how perfect the location was, too!!! Our last night there, I took my son to the 7th floor restaurant for an end of Athens treat before heading to Santorini. The view was incredible; menu and others meals looks delicious and our desert was beyond fancy and blew my 14 yr old son and me away!!!! We had a room facing the pool (one floor up). The view was the inside courtyard view ... nothing special. But, we were there to be outside not inside our room; and again, the room was perfect for us. If I were on a romantic getaway where the view mattered, I would call and specify that you want a room with a view. Other than that; the bell hops were some of the best I've experienced; front desk, and everyone else were absolutely perfect! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Room 132 lacked a scenic city view; however everything else was perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family