All reviews sunday lunch specials board nice food lovely lunch public areas are market place hand cut town centre comfortable bed bar area the pub full english car park lovely place menu meal earplugs
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Nice pub serving good quality food with eleven rooms. Easily accessible car park at side of building. Rooms are compact but comfortable and the bath also had a shower.
We were in room 2 and the early morning traffic would disturb a light sleeper but the hotel supplies ear plugs. The information literature in the room mentions Sky Sports News is available but don’t bother searching and it also shows an offer for Wednesdays stating that if you buy a main course the second meal is available for £2. When I enquired about this in the resteraunt I was informed this offer had not been available for a while. The literature should really be removed. We ate in the restaurant twice and the food and service was excellent as was breakfast. The staff in the resteraunt are excellent.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This is our local which we have used a lot for many Sunday lunches, friends and family meals. However last couple of occasions we haven’t been happy, portions vary considerable for the same meal. Today my wife had what could be construed as a reasonable amount of vegetables but mine was pathetic. It will get one more chance and then we will go elsewhere. Very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I booked a room for myself and my husband, with prosecco and chocolates. The room was lovely lovely pictures and red leather chairs. The meal I ordered in the evening was lovely, would recommend the pulled lamb spiced cuscus with apricot my husband also loved his meal. Breakfast also was very good, great coffee too. Would like to return in future. Plenty of parking at rear of hotel. There is a one way system in the village, so drive slow as you may have to drive through this small village again, if you drive past entrence to car park at back.

Room Tip: We had front room but did not find the little bit of traffic disturbing. This is a Norfolk village not city of London.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Very nice small and charming hotel, with well appointed and decorated clean rooms, although our budget room was a little small, compared to American hotels, but not too small for the price. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for a night in May. It is a delight to stay here, the food and ALL staff are excellent ! They do a 'cook it yourself' steak option whereas it comes out on a hot plate. A unique concept. The bar area has two large tv's and... as we were here on a bank holiday (peak time) the was no waiting at all to be served, fantastic team of staff!
The rooms are more than enough for the money. Comfortable and clean. All in all highly Recommended!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family