“its ok”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2018

the interior reminds me more of a little dive bar, food is ok, but pricey. ok for friday night is my opinion.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Zantes in New Liskeard for lunch.

This is a great restaurant that has the pub grill / sports bar feel and taste. I’d compare it to Kelseys, Caseys, and those types.

Great service.

Menu has a great selection, featuring appetizers, salads, sandwiches and gourmet burgers, pasta, seafood and steak. Menu boasts of locally sourced beef and cheese (Thornloe Cheese factory is quite a regional luxury).

Specials and soups of the day were presented. The prices were appropriate to the quality.

Meal was great. Nice presentation. Each dish had a starring ingredient, from the Thornloe cheese curds on the poutine, the stacked grilled beef burgers, the chunky artichokes in the creamy spinach dip.

The restaurant has tables, booths, and a long bar with seating.

A sign boasts that there is live music on certain nights.

A relaxed and clean environment.

This was my first time at Zantes on the recommendation of a friend. I remarked to her that it was a great choice!

The venue was appropriate for a ‘nice’ lunch but would also be suited to business lunches and birthday dinners. The bar and live music nights would be a great weekend outing.

1  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Started off with a share plate it was very good, then ordered the wings when they arrived they were cold as if they were cooked 1/2 hour before then left there the parmesan cracked pepper powder that so thick it was like eating a mouthful of baby powder, I had to knock them on the plate to get it to a point where it would go down. Without a mouthful of pop, out of 7 wings three of them had broken legs with little pieces of bones throughout the meat. Then there's the plate of my gf hers as well we're very cold even after asking for them to be well done, she had the wet Cajun wings that were cold and so greasy there was a layer of grease left on the plate so needless to say we both left them on the plate.a waitress then had an argue enter with a customer about a negative review she left on here. It was awkward for us I can't imagine how the customer felt being embarrassed in front of everyone else then I had to go find a waitress to get the pop refill I asked for but never received. 60 plus dollars after we went to timmies where the food was edible and warm.

1  Thank rajacque
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Last time I went was months ago for ribs....very undercook could not pull meat off bone so told myself I wouldn't return....received a gift certificate for Xmas...yup you guest it ...must return...so decided for wings night...can't mess up wings right?. Me and my man sat down and ordered the 20$ plateau with local cheese charcuteries olives and pickled...was very good and even owner Mairead came to see us to make sure all was good...and it was...we had to wait 30 min to order wings as we were early for 8 pm half off wings...so we notice 2 customers coming in near us and a waitress or whatever she is....named Jessica McE. Went to them right away put her arm in front of one of the girls and booth and put her face in her face...and asked her WE WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM TONIGHT ? So at this point I thought she knew her as a friend...that it was a joke. The girl backed away and again the "worker" said YOU CAN GO SOMEWERE ELSE IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY GO EAT SOMEWERE ELSE...WE WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS RIGHT??? At this point the girl backed off again as the worker was blocking her way and the client said you never ever had problems with me here maybe people was with but never me...then the worker told her for the third time if she's sure if she wants to eat there and maybe she should go eat SOMEWERE else...the client sat down and the worker left...now that was done in front of everyone...I was shocked.... So my man's drink is empty asked for other one that we never received in 15 min.so he got up and got one...we get wings...the grossest wings I ever ever had! I have asked the waitress for very well cooked...both are wings arrived cold..they were left cooked and ready for at least 30 min if not more ...my dry maple rub was cooked so early that there were no crunch at all..I ate half of them...my other pound wet Cajun was soaked in orange grease I ate 1 ...my mans parmesan pepper was so white so thick it was disgusting and he did not eat them all...and for him not to eat ...very rare...both are food was cold ..when I went to pay told the waitress and she didn't say a word so nothing will be done...so for 2 pops 1 sharing board and 4 PDs of wings we barely ate and 1 fry cost us 62.15$ my waitress was Ria she was OK..but not smily type! And the rating is so low as the place is filthy...god rip up those carpets!!

2  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed 5 February 2018

The managment plans interesting events throughout the week. Tap takeovers. Charity craft beers. Trivia Nights. Paint and pour. Bingo. It’s like a big house party but with endless excellent food and drink. Love the place! Totally amazing serving team too. Nice touch when the kitchen staff comes out to check on quality control too.