4,236 results
All reviews free bottles of water stylish hotel waffles botanical gardens botanique metro station rooms are spacious coffee machine tram stop city centre bar restaurant minute walk the grand place public transport breakfast room business trip free internet gare du
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel with an old school friend, so we wanted a room with two single beds. Because of that I made contact with the hotel before I booked and to confirm after booking and both time the replies were quick and efficient.
The hotel is a little bit out of town, but because Brussels has such a great transportation system, this is absolutely no issue at all, infact there is a tram stop outside of the hotel and a metro stop about 200 metres away and travel is very easy and very cheap in Brussels.
The hotel is modern and clean and our room was fine, with modern comfortable beds, a flat screen tv, a safe, tea and coffee facilities and plenty room. The bathroom had a modern shower and was clean modern and bright.
The biggest recommendation I can give, is that on future visits to Brussels, I would choose this hotel again - it is great value for money

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
BLOOMBrussels, Manager at NH Brussels Bloom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Midlifetourist

We would like to thank you for this nice review and for sharing your experience with other travellers.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a 3-day conference. All was good, the only downside I had was the street noise. Although my room 520 was on the 5th floor, I was woken multiple times a night. There is a hospital nearby (ambulances) and the hotel is unfortunately close to a less nice area of Brussels (police cars). Room was spacious and clean. Same for the bath room. Beds/matresses were divine. Housekeeping did a very good job although forgot to refill coffee pads. Food was very good as well as the snacks during our break times. Also they have good coffee!
One tip: do not leave your luggage in the luggage room near reception. Colleague of mine her luggage got stolen as staff didn’t check on luggage tags. Proven by security cam footage: lady claimed she was my colleague, saying her husband had the tag and he was getting a taxi so they were in a hurry blablabla. Staff just let her in and allowed her taking of with my colleague’s luggage.... I experienced similarly when picking up my trolley. The staff just let me in without checking tags. Could have taken any trolley....

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tineke07
BLOOMBrussels, Manager at NH Brussels Bloom, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Tineke07

I would like to thank you for the given feedback. We have discussed this through with our FO department to avoid reoccurrence.
Rest assured that security is very important to us and I can assure you that the necessary measurements are taken to avoid these kind of situations.

Bloomy regards

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel on price & value for money
When we arrived we were pleasantly impressed the hotel staff were very friendly & most helpful offering information on what to see & do in Brussels. Also giving us information on how to visit Bruges using the train network
The rooms were very spacious and modern all with unique artwork. Fresh water in the fridge daily and the rooms were spotless every day
The breakfast buffet was very good and had something for everyone.
The bar was nice and very reasonably priced
All in all a lovely stay we would recommend this

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

WOW, thank you Treatful for this nice review!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I stayed 2 nights at the Bloom, the location is at a few minutes from the metro and just behind the botanical garden.
I was lucky to get a double room with a stunning sunset view on the 6th floor.
The room was clean and big.

I was really pleased with the breakfast, the buffet offers a lot : from fresh juice to belgian waffle.
The design of the restaurant is nice and cosy.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
BLOOMBrussels, Manager at NH Brussels Bloom, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi Corinne V

Thank you for the great review!

Bloomy regards

Reviewed 26 August 2018

It was a last minute decision to spend a long weekend in Brussels and the Bloom was one of the few hotels that still had availability, so despite it not being in the city centre, we decided we would stay there because we read good reviews about them on here.

One of the most important considerations for us was breakfast as we have a 5 year old with special needs, the last thing we wanted to do was to be scouring around for something to eat. This hotel did not disappoint. The spread was great, making your own waffles was a novelty, but as always, it's the people that makes the experience all the more pleasant. The waiters, who apparently do not normally serve breakfast, were friendly and accommodating. We had a fair few requests and each one was met with a smile. A couple of them could speak better English, but we managed.

Another important factor for us was the room and that it needed to be big enough for an extra bed for our 5 year old. This was, again, met without issue. So kudos to the hotel for meeting all our needs.

There are a few areas that can be improved, however, and I feel that it is important for me to point them out, so that future guests (us included!) are not met with disappointments.

1. Check in time was 1500. We were there at around 1450. The room was not ready and we were told that it would take around 15 minutes for it to be ready. Fine, no problem. There was tea, coffee, water and sweets for us to enjoy while we waited. However, in the end, it was closer to 30 minutes before we were called to check-in as the room was finally "ready".

2. I used quotation marks with the word ready above because when we arrived in our room, it was NOT ready. The bin was not emptied. The extra bed was not made. The box in which coffee and tea supplies was not refilled, as I later found out. On the face of it, the room was clean, but my daughter crawled under the bed and fished out a plastic bottle left by previous occupants.

3. The package we booked gave us the option to check-out late, which we opted to do. As it said on my note that this was only done upon request, on the morning of our departure, I went to the reception and said we would like to choose the late check-out option and depart at around 1400 hours (late check-out allowed us up to 1500 to check out). The receptionist said it was not a problem and reassured me that it was standard for everyone to check out at 1400. So with this information, my family and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and took a stroll to the neighbouring botanical garden. When we went back to our room, however, the key card did not work (although it did for the lift). My husband went to the recpetion and was met with the reason why the card did not work was because we had overstayed!! He was downstairs for close to 30 minutes before he returned and we were able to get into our room. Meanwhile, a member of the hotel staff was on the floor and I asked if she could open the door for me. I was told that she was not able to do so because of security reasons...! When my husband returned, he was visibly upset because he was rather embarrassed at having to reason with the front desk staff. By this time, it was around 1300 hours. We entered our room, freshened up, packed the last items and wanted to have a cup of tea before we left when we had a phone call from reception asking us what time we would vacate our room!! I mean, seriously!!! I had wanted to avoid this problem by specifically going to the front desk in the morning, and still I had this problem. I asked the receptionist if I was overstaying and why he was asking when he told me categorically that regardless of what package was bought, the standard check-out time was 1400. This really made me feel like we had overstayed our welcome. When I went to the front desk to check out and pay the bill, I mentioned it to the staff. Initially, I was told that the computer system was down, so all the key cards were not working. When I told him what had happened between my husband and another member of staff, he asked me who it was and my husband told him. When confronted, this member of staff brushed it off as a "miscommunication". Fine, the staff's English actually left something to be desired and my husband also is not a native English speaker, so I can understand that there could have been miscommunication. However, I come back to the point of "standard check-out time". If that was really the case, and if the computer system was, indeed, down, shouldn't you just regenerate a new card for the guests instead of essentially accusing us of overstaying? What should have taken 2 minutes took 30 instead. This really put a damper on an otherwise lovely weekend.

Even though we did leave feeling disappointed, my husband and I agreed that this is still a lovely hotel and in a good location, so we will, in all likelihood, return in the future. I hope that the above points will be improved the next time we visit!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family