4,236 results
All reviews free bottles of water stylish hotel waffles botanical gardens botanique metro station rooms are spacious coffee machine tram stop city centre bar restaurant minute walk the grand place public transport breakfast room business trip free internet gare du
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Great Hotel, helpful staff, in a real Brussels neighbourhood. Love the concept of the individualized artwork in the rooms. Easy to access all the historic center by foot, or with public transport. Plentiful, breakfast buffet with a lot of variety. They have thought of everything with the hotel, including the fact that 2 people traveling need may 2 places to put their luggage, a novel idea for most hotels. I would certainly stay again. Love the idea that they will give you a 5 Euro credit in their restaurant/bar if you don't need them to service your room! Fun to be able to choose your decor, based on availability of course.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank debsem
Reviewed 21 June 2012

True I had to book a hotel in a rush and I had to do so keeping a certain budget in mind. And given that my first preferences were not available I decided on Hotel Bloom. Interesting profile, colorful, and had some decent reviews. Well being from a land of hospitality guess we have very stiff expectations around hospitality which definitely were found wanting at Hotel Bloom but I must admit that there was no pretense to offer the same at any stage. Few things which disappointed me though - The weather was quite warm during the day time and the AC was not supporting sufficient cooling. As a matter of fact when I tried increasingly the fan speed to improve cooling - it started making a lot of noise. Something which I had to cope with throughout my stay. The Coffee and Tea machine was way too complicated and inspite of repeated attempts could not get it to function. All I wanted to do was boil some water for a simple cup of tea. And the most frustrating part was ofcourse the extra 110 euros that I ended up paying while checking out on account of early checkin, a cup of tea in their coffee shop and some daily taxes. The overall cost of my stay was way too much for a 3 star B&B option. Somewhere got a sense that I might have had to pay for its look and feel more than for the actual stay value.

Overall its a place I would not stay until and unless am pushed to.

Room Tip: Watch out for the Air Conditioner if the weather is likely to warm anytime during the day.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mailtoritu205
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I've stayed here on two occasions as weekend breaks with my girlfriend and both times we have very much enjoyed it. The hotel is clean and very modern (even with it's own perfumed scent!) and upon arrival you really get the feel from the lobby/bar that you are walking into quite a quirky place! The rooms are very spacious and have always been clean and well presented. We have had a city view both times as well which has been a bonus. All rooms have different art work in them as well so it is always exciting opening your door for the first time you enter the room!

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk north of the Grand Platz and is right next to the Botanical Gardens. Had read some reviews on here about the surrounding area not being so nice but we found it fine - walking back at around midnight it seemed no worse (and probably much better) than any large English city! Opposite the hotel there is a little supermarket as well which is perfect for stocking up on milk/drinks for the room which has a coffee maker and fridge, and also lovely fresh croissants and juice for breakfast as the hotel breakfast seemed a bit overpriced (Think it's about 20 Euros per person).

Overall I'd very much recommend Hotel Bloom as it seems a well run, stylish hotel that is very good value for money at the weekend. I'd say the only things that bring it down are the prices of the bar and breakfast at the hotel - but they are very minor complaints really.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Murkzilla
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Really nice hotel, situated close to a subway station. The room was large and beautifully designed. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good but rather expensive. I would certainly stay there again when visiting Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I certainly found out the reason why BLOOM! is a Traveler's Choice Winner for 2012. Trendy lobby, trendy rooms (apart from the bathroom , which was a little bit aged. I expected something better), trendy cafe . However , I think it's a bit expensive... it's a 3star hotel, isn't it? The location was fine, next to the Botanical Garden , 3min walking to the closest Metro station (Jardin Botanique), about 5-7 min walking to North Station and 10-15min to Grand Place . Right across the hotel , there is a Super Market , from which you can buy anything you need, because the Hotel's breakfast is more than overpriced for what it offers (avoid paying for breakfast) .
Anyway, the hotel, even though it was a little bit expensive, it was fine.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor (8th) and it was great .
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business