“Yummy Bacalhau”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised at how good they prepared the bacalhau (dried, salted cod). We ordered the grilled one and once it was served, it didn't last very long. It was well prepared, delicious, and of generous portions. The corn bread they serve was delish, too! I couldn't complain about the price as I thought it was reasonable. I know his will be a place to return to every time I visit Portugal.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Localized in a touristic place - I ate a decent cod fish with a very fresh and tasty salad - price a little bit high related to the service - Not cheap for the average portuguese family dinner

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I dined here with two other hungry pilgrims en-route to Santiago de Compostela. We were all on a budget and the menu did not offer many economical options (ie: pilgrim menus), or so we thought. We informed our waiter what we would like to eat and what out budget was and he suggested the bachalau with potatoes in a rich cream sauce. He also mentioned that it was so big it could feed the three of us! We had a salad along with our fish and by the time we were finished eating we were all stuffed. The quality of the food was first rate, fresh and cooked to perfection. My only complaint is that we could not eat outside as the incessant cigarette smoking from the other patrons was beyond irritating, so we had to sit inside (on a beautiful, warm, sunny day), although as we were seated close to the entrance, the smoke continued to waft in our direction.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This is a tourist trap. Overpriced food.
Our meal was heated from what it seemed to have been cooked at lunch hour.
Due to the manager behaviour employees were not too friendly and actually seemed sad/ bothered.

We will never get back here. It was the worst meal in out entire 2 weeks vacation.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

The food was not too bad but the true is that we ate here because it was raining and there were not other place open. Service was ok.