All reviews roman bath pedestrian street great location dining table and chairs small wardrobe nice bedroom steam room and sauna kitchen area on arrival fourth floor the river great recommendations reception staff breakfast room is full kitchen near the train station central location
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night at Flores Village in August and found that while the facilities are generally nice, there were many details that were "off" enough to make the experience not worth the price. My room wasn't ready when I checked in at 3:30, which is fine, but staff were very flustered and confused and seemed not to know what to do. When I did get to my room that evening, the bellhop showed me how to use the thermostat. I turned the temperature down a bit. An hour later the room wasn't want cooler, so I called the desk to see if I was doing something wrong. The woman very nicely informed me that the had not enabled my air conditioning, but that she'd be happy to turn it on. !

The room was nice enough, comfortable bed, pretty French doors onto a tiny balcony overlooking Flores St, which is very active. The room smelled of smoke, but so did almost everything in Portugal. The bath was ok, needs updating.

In the morning, breakfast was in a very attractive room. Coffee machine made poor espresso but otherwise breakfast was good. I wanted to make use of the spa facilities that were part of the reason I chose this hotel. They opened at 8am, but when I went at 9:00, the sauna and steam room were cold, and the "Roman bath" was barely tepid. Very disappointing.

I suspect that some of these issues had to do with key staff being on holiday, which is where everyone Portuguese prefers to be in August. Nevertheless, it is an important month for tourism, and I would not expect a hotel if this quality to beak impacted. The staff were nice, but I prefer competence to good will (I'm a New Yorker at heart!).

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Vacation187086
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We spent three days here on a recent visit to Porto. We had a room with a suite which was ideal as the suite area had 2 sofa beds which were ideal for our two teenage kids. Hotel is brilliantly located for visiting Porto on a lively pedestrian street. Staff are very friendly and helpful and gave us some excellent recommendations for restaurants for dinner. Hotel enjoys a nice garden area with great views of the city including the Cathedral. Breakfast is fine if not perhaps quite as good as some reviewers seem to think.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We stayed for 4 nights in room 401, one of seven double rooms (the rest are suites etc) at this hotel.

Plus points:
Central location in interesting pedestrianised street
Oasis of quiet in central Porto with pleasant garden
Excellent front of house welcome and help
Television behind mirror, touch sensitive light controls, Nespresso type coffee machine in bedroom (though no milk), room well fitted out
Nice breakfast with eggs, fruit, cake etc
Efficient air con

Minus points:
Small wardrobe
Vast build up of ice in fridge minibar - ? never defrosted ever??
Some rooms an unusual shape
Gaps in sealing round shower screen leaves water on the bathroom floor, and some water stains round bath
Building work in street, but noise mostly kept out by efficient glazing

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel really tries hard and, considering the grubby state of the city, it does very well.

It's very central and cleanliness and furnishings are very good. breakfast fine - just the usual but a bit cramped sometimes trying to negotiate hot coffee while people are trying to brown toast (which takes about 4 attempts through the toaster) and children in high chairs right next to hot coffee!

Staff very helpful, but they need to be standing up at the front desk. If they have to do work sitting down then they shouldn't be at the front desk- it looks a bit slovenly.

We made the mistake of not asking for another room so for 2 nights we were in a 4 room, poorly designed, depressingly dark rabbit-warren (which they referred to as a suite!).

I would have left after 2 nights if they hadn't had another room to give us. That was much better, light and spacious but for me, the damage was done and I couldn't wait to leave but it's only fair to give it 4 stars.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017

On a lovely pedestrian street with lots of interesting shops and cafes. Within walking distance of most everything you want to do in Porto. Welcoming staff with a taste of port, helped with dinner reservations on a Sunday night when very many restaurants are closed. Taxis have access to bring you to the doorstep of the hotel, but not sure what the access would be if on a driving vacation. We parked our car at the Porto airport for 3 days and took a taxi from there. Worked out well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple