1,083 results
All reviews bessa hotel nice hotel city centre football match boa vista football stadium casa de musica business hotel hotel is located rooms are spacious room service star hotel quiet location would highly recommend this hotel the hotel staff free wifi visit porto
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We (my 26 years old son) and myself were on a "bonding" trip to Portugal. This hotel was the first of 5 different hotels in our journey from Lisbon -> Porto -> Lisbon.
We came late after a more than 4 hours of driving and all we have wanted is a good room, good shower, but better first, nice service. We got them all.
The next morning we got a very satisfactory breakfast to push us to a long day of browsing and feeling Porto.
Parking place requires good assessment of the size of your car (luck us we rented a small one ...).
Love this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AviD_05749
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed this hotel. The room was huge and clean, the shampoos etc were very nice, the service was excellent. There were a couple of things that surprised me, given the level of the hotel: no ironing board (you must ask for one, and it isn’t very nice), no coffee in the room and no complimentary water. It didn’t ruin my visit, but it did surprise me.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights (Friday/Sunday) . The website of the hotel gives a fair representation of the room

We enjoyed:
- the spacious rooms
- a very good deal close to 90€ per night via Amona . This was a significantly better offer than equivalents downtown
- helpful reception
- a good breakfast ( too few coffee machines, mediocre coffee)

The metro in Porto woks well , but the distance to the metro station from the hotel is quite far - we did not mind but this hotel may not be for everybody. The area is boring but safe. It is a better location for business travelers than for tourists - but you do stay in a nice business hotel
Casa de Musica is a nice place to have a coffee

I would stay here again - if the price was right

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I was in Salamanca studying Spanish at Universidad Pontifical de Salamanca in July. Originally I was going to celebrate my birthday at the end of the month in Ibiza, but procrastinated in booking accommodation and flights, so I decided to go to Porto, Portugal, since it was only a 6 hour bus ride from Salamanca.

Best decision I ever made!

CAA booked me into the BessaHotel in Porto. I couldn't tell you the last time I stayed in such a gorgeous hotel. It's a boutique hotel and reminded me of the Opus Hotel in Vancouver, Canada.

It's a beautiful hotel with an inviting and spacious lobby. It's a very modern building in an old city. It's very rare to find large hotel rooms in Europe, but my room was spacious and luxurious. It even had a King sized bed (ok, 2 doubles pushed together, but isn't that what King beds are)? What really blew me away was the size of my bathroom - MASSIVE!!! It even had a soaker tub, that's how huge my bathroom was!

The entire hotel is sleek and stylish. I liked the fact that they had motion sensor lights in the hallway and great music playing throughout the hotel at a decent volume.
The team that work behind the front desk when I checked in were amazing. They recommended local restaurants for dinner, they booked my wine tour in the Duoro Valley, made dinner reservations for me for my birthday and even printed my homework for me!

This hotel is very conveniently located. It's a 10 minute ride from the bus station, 16 minute ride to the airport, and 20 minutes to the tourist district.

Upon check-out, there is a 4 Euro tourist fee.

I can see why this hotel has a 4.5/5 star review on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and Expedia. It has a 8.5/10 star review on Booking.com and 8.8/10 star review on Hotels.com. It absolutely deserves it!

Don’t bother reviewing other hotels in Porto. Just do yourself a favour and stay at BessaHotel. You won’t regret it!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ouida S
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Probably stay here once or twice a year when on business in Portugal, great hotel with nice rooms, good WiFi and helpful staff. Food from room service or restaurant has always been good and lots of choice at breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business