“Best sushi in town!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2015

Fresh fusion sushi at it's best! I absolutely love the fact that the food is as enjoying for the eyes as for the mouth. I always leave Katsu with my happy face on.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

We have been there 4 times now and we never regret it. The fish is amazing, the people are very nice and the Degustação menu is perfect!

1  Thank FilipaAnjos
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

Best fusion sushi in town for its price level, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Have the fixed price menu and for about a €20 taste a bit of everything on offer.

1  Thank Bluehorn
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Best sushi ever, Peter, thu sushimen is a very talented chef, with a look at sushi that pleases me!
I truly recomend this place.Family environment, and very very good food.The fish is allways fresh!
More than a restaurant, more like an extense of our dining rooms!
well located at the historical centre of Oporto, very beautifull area.

3  Thank JorgeCosta
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've tried this place twice - both times for takeout. The space looks very nice, though, and it would be charming to eat in there. Both times I ordered the dozen sushi/sashimi 'freestyle' combo for 14 euro but had two quite different experiences. The last time I was blown away - I went early-ish in the evening by Porto standards, 8 pm. The main sushi chef person was there, it was empty, the waitress was pleasant and told me it would be ready in a jiffy - and I got the best combo of sushi/sashimi I've ever had. The chef took the time to explain what everything was and seemed genuinely proud and enthusiastic of what he had made. It was fantastic and creative and I want to go back.

But the first time, it was around 10 pm on a weekend night, the place was absolutely packed and the waitress was very rude to me (admittedly she seems a little dour at the best of times) - she tried to put me off by saying that I'd have to wait an hour (she didn't put me off, I ordered anyway) - and the main sushi chef had been replaced by his assistant because he had already left. What I ended up with was a terribly mediocre combination that, while fresh and acceptable, was certainly not worth the wait, the stress, or the price.

Because of my most recent experience I'm going to give this place a thumbs up anyway - I have my reservations about customer service in Porto in general, to be honest - but I'm excited to try it a third time and hope that it'll be as great as my second experience.

1  Thank 0emmast