All reviews a small shopping center metro stop comfortable and pleasant stay university area large food court after midnight rooms are clean and comfortable attending a conference yellow line hotel is located food hall ground floor convenient location free wifi budget hotel business trip first floor
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

The location is perfect outside Porto and the business areas are easy to reach by the main roads just outside the door. Breakfast is acceptable to get the day going, but nothing special and only the basics. Great with a simple “bar” next to the checkin. Noise in the corridors goes directly into the rooms as the doors are not sound proof at all.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Rosario_Marques, Front Office Manager at Ibis Porto Sao Joao, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Sir,

We thank you in advance for your comments and the time you have given us.
I understand your repairs regarding the noise of the doors, and we will not fail to analyze them and share them internally, in order to feed future reflections on the evolution of the product and / or services provided by our brand.
Once again thank you very much for contributing the importance of your comment, for the improvement of the satisfaction of our clients.
We regret not being up to your expectations and accepting our apologies.

We expect to continue to deserve your preference in the near future.

Lisete Afonso-Direction Assistant

Reviewed 31 July 2018

When I arrived by metro I couldn't find the entrance. After asking I realized that the hotel was on top of the shopping mall. When I reached the reception I found out that it was a clean and cosy hotel just as described in the reviews I've read. Service was good. The room was also as described. A small clean room that has whatever you need (except mini bar). Being on top of a shopping mall was a huge benefit. Supermarket, restaurants and other shops where there for whatever needed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Rosario_Marques, Front Office Manager at Ibis Porto Sao Joao, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Porto S.João. I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team. We work in order to get your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,

Lisete Afonso-Direction Assistant

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I stayed here while visiting the University of Porto and the city of Porto- the hotel is very convenient for the Medical Faculty (Faculdade de Medicine) and it's also very easy to get the metro (right next to the hotel) into the town centre for sightseeing (about 8 min by metro). The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable and very clean.

Stayed: May 2018
Rosario_Marques, General Manager at Ibis Porto Sao Joao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Porto São João.

Maria do Rosário Marques

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This was our Hotel on our last night in Porto. It's very clean and new, if not a little sterile.The service was efficient at the Front Desk and we did like the pizza at the signature Ground Floor restaurant. The pick up taxi in the morning met us at the -1 Floor which was a great idea as it was a freezing day which would have made it a pageant of suffering should we have had to go outside the front doors to greet the taxi.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms were of a good quality.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Perry B
Rosario_Marques, General Manager at Ibis Porto Sao Joao, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Client,

Maria do Rosário Marques

Reviewed 20 April 2018

i stayed here for two nights due to business and was satified as usual from ibis. room was clean, bed was ok and breakfast was nice. they had even portoguse egg tart for breakfast which i enjoyed very much.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Rosario_Marques, General Manager at Ibis Porto Sao Joao, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel íbis Porto São João.
I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team.
We work in order to get your satisfaction.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,