Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$124
US$124
Priceline
US$96
CheapTicketsUS$124
TravelocityUS$124
Orbitz.comUS$124
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

We spent 4days in this hostel during our Portugal Trip, and we all agreed was our fav place. Staff is friendly, breakfast is great, loved the croissants (!) and rooms are clean. We enjoyed a lot the living room with the sofas and netflix, that Home feeling that you probably need when you are facing a long trip with a backpack.. thanks

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank surferszbee
Gallery H, Rececionista at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2020

Dear Guest,

We are truly thankful for you taking the time to review us, specially with such heartwarming words.

Our main goal is, indeed, to provide a home away from home to all our guests. Therefore, we are delighted to see that you felt the warmth of our familiar atmosphere and our team could make you feel welcomed and supported.

It is a major priority for us to make our guests feel comfortable and guarantee they have the most complete and pleasant stay. As so, it's a pleasure to realize that services as our home-made breakfast, cleanliness, commune areas and Netflix access, all have made your stay even more special.

Thank you again for the preference and we hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Gallery Hostel team

Reviewed 14 December 2019

The Gallery Hostel was one the best hostels I’d ever been, we had booked a private room, each room was painted by an artist and called by their name. There were a cosy garden and a kitchen which you could chill in. We really enjoyed our stay in Gallery hostel.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jasmina20
Gallery H, Rececionista at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Jasmina,

We are very thankful for the kindness of your words.

It is an honor to be considered by you as one of the best and we're delighted to see that our artistic decoration and ambiance, made your stay more special.

Our team works everyday towards providing our guests the most pleasant stay, in a familiar cosy atmosphere. Therefore, we are truly happy to realize that our commune areas pleased you so much and allowed you to have a relaxed time.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back again, in the future.

Gallery Hostel team

Reviewed 25 September 2019

I dont stay in many hostels but this property was just great! We stayed in one of the suites which is accross the road from the main building however we were able to use all the facilites - breakfast was amazing (better than most 3-4 star hotels) not a huge amount of options but everything offered was fresh and cooked to perfection. They offered us a welcome drink at the bar and it was just an all round great experience. the suite rooms are huge! I would have preffered a location closer to ribera personally but besides that cannot fault this hostel :)

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Bec W
galleryhostel, Rececionista at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Dear Bec,

We sincerely appreciate the kind review and we are truly happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in Gallery Hostel.

It's a great pleasure that you felt so well accommodated and our rooms were up to your expectations and needs. Comfort is one of our main concerns and we're glad you found it in our cosy suites.

We are, also, thankful for your compliments on our home-made breakfast. It is prepared, daily, with the freshest products and with all the care and love, to our dear guests. As so, your words are truly rewarding.

Though we are 15 minutes walking distance from Ribeira (the river side), we are in the city center in the special art neighborhood of Porto, known by its calm and tranquility. We're sorry if it was an inconvenience in any way and hope it didn't bother your stay.

Hope to welcome you again, in a near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2019

The hostel is located in a quiet steet a few blocks from the main area of the City.

The ckeck-in and check-out processes were fast and pleasant. The people of the front desk are really kind and always at your service.

Our room was modern, a bit small, with private bathroom and located in an open air corridor. Strange but our room had not a TV…

Our rate included a buffet breakfast served in a room with a big table to share with other gests and two tables for two pleople. It included many items for all tastes.

If you have a car, there is a garage near the property for a fee.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank SM-Travellers
galleryhostel, rececionista at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Dear Guest,

We are sincerely grateful for your words and taking the time to share your experience in Gallery Hostel.

We are delighted to see that you felt welcomed and supported from the moment you arrived. That is our main goal as a team and, so, your compliments are very meaninful and rewarding to us.

Our home made breakfast is, indeed, one of our main highlights and we do put all care and love preparing it, everyday with the most varied and fresh products.Hence, it is with great satisfaction that we realize this was also a highlight of your stay and you were so pleased with it.

Regarding the television, though you do not have one in the room type that you chose, we have our cinema room equipped not only with TV with more than 200 chanels (including Netflix), but also, projector, DVD and games. This is, also, a way of promoting social atmosphere and experience sharing between the travellers. We are sorry if it was an inconvenient for you.

We hope to welcome you again, very soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2019

Specially liked: They found 185 euros I lost, super quiet area, super clean, SUPER CHIC! So....
I went to the Gallery Hostel alone just to stay a night before I started the Camino de Santiago Portuguese route, but I loved it so much I stayed an additional night. The common areas are gorgeous!! Very hip and Portuguese at the same time. Super clean. Great, friendly staff and delicious food. What I especially liked was the FREE over three hour tour of the city. Incredible, and for an additional amount there was a traditional Portuguese dinner at night in the super chic dinning room. I had the best time at the dinner with one person from each of these countries; Sweden, Japan, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Ireland and USA. We laughed and learned a lot. I was sad to leave on the third day, but I needed to get walking! First place I stopped for lunch I realized when I went to pay I had lost 85 euros. I thought it was a long shot but I emailed the hostel and said that if they happen to find 85 euros in my bed area could they let me know. Well, they must have searched the whole place and wrote me back that they found 185 euros under the table! YES!!! I had actually lost 185!! (ATM receipt) WOW!!!!!!!! Not only was I already in love with the place, but this was extraordinary! Gallery Hostel deposited the 185 in my bank account and I look forward to taking my whole family back there very soon!! Teda Melero Madrid, SPAIN

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank TheodoraRios

Dear Teda,

We cannot thank you enough for the kindness of your words and for sharing, in detail, your stay with us.

In Gallery Hostel, more than just accommodation, we look for providing you with a complete unforgettable experience. This is the reason why, for example, we do organize or include some activities like the walking tour, dinners, games night, happy hours and more. We are, then, truly satisfied to see how our complementary services enhanced your stay, even giving you the opportunity to meet travelers and cultures from all over the world!

We always want to provide our guests with a home away from home. As so, it's a pleasure to see you felt the cosiness and beauty of our facilities as well as the friendliness of our team. It's a major priority to make everyone feel welcomed inside!

Regarding the money situation, we do believe that we should support and assist our guests not only during their stay, but also, before and after. That said, it was our pleasure helping you and allow you to continue your journey to Santiago free of preoccupations and concerns.

We are looking forward for your return and meeting your family!