All reviews privilege room great location for visiting booked a standard room train station decent location reception staff were very helpful coat hangers homeless people within walking distance tea making facilities sao bento station mini bar clerigos tower batalha square very comfortable room fifth floor excellent facilities
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I stayed with a group of friends and nobody experienced any problems whatsoever.

On entering the hotel you get a feel for a place and it was immediately good with a smart and pleasant area once through the revolving door.

Staff on checking in were efficient and pleasant.

All rooms were clean and functional with a decent amount of space, although I didn't have a bedside table in my room (#116).

Bed was comfortable. Sliding shutter in room meant it was pitch black so it was a stumble to the bathroom in the middle of the night unless a light was left on, but it helped with a good sleep.

There was a small wardrobe with four clothes hangers. A safe and space alongside it on the shelf for some clothes with a bigger shelf underneath. There were three other shelves in the room, two above tea/coffee making facilities and one under the fridge. But we managed OK.

Bathroom was a reasonable size, clean and functional with plenty of toiletries and clean towels. If I was to be critical I would say there is no need to replace a shampoo container every day as I only used each container once, which was a waste as one would have covered the whole of my stay.

We didn't eat in the hotel but we did take advantage of the bar facilities where the bar staff were excellent. They helped us with drink selections, directions and advice on the best route to certain landmarks.

I prefer to use stairs rather than a lift, especially if on a lowere floor. However, the stairs weren't well signposted except that they were fire escapes and I did wonder if alarms would go off or I would end up out in the street if I opened the fire escape door - it didn't and it was a normal staircase.

Good value.

What's not to like.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

The location is perfect to see all main attractions , just be ready to walk. The hotel itself is modern and rooms are a decent size but very efficiently used. Staff was great and accommodating. I would definitely use this chain again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 19 October 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Comfortable beds. Although busy neighborhood, noise is restricted outside. Dark shades keep sunlight out. Very helpful staff.
Breakfast could use more variety as we had the same stuff everyday.
Will definitely come back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
mercure p, Manager at Mercure Porto Centro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Joyce O... many thanks for your nice review!
Be very welcome back at anytime to Mercure Porto Centro.
Best regards,