“Unexpected surprise”
Review of Murca No Porto

Murca No Porto
Ranked #158 of 2,113 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed 25 May 2018

My husband and I wanted to dine in a place close to our hotel due to bad weather. I found this restaurant on TA and thought we give it a try. After a 15 minute wait to get in, the experience unfolded. This place is not fancy at all, but it feels as though you’re in the family kitchen. Everything from the bread, to the wine, to the main meal and the dessert was a pleasant surprise. The biggest surprise of all was the bill. We could not believe the value for the money. It cost 12 Euros for bread, soup, a main course and a dessert that we shared....that’s total, not per person. You simply cannot go wrong. We would certainly return.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 24 May 2018

This restaurant was our goodbye Porto dinner, when we were on our holidays in this hometown of Port wine. I couldn’t choose better to try local Portuguese cuisine.
We had soup, fish, dessert, white wine and coffee here. Whole menu costs EUR 6.5. Yes, that is correct price.
The restaurant is very small, bit grease and super busy. First of all, when we came in, we felt like we were in our grandparent’s house. Don’t expect anything posh here, just real food experience for locals mixed with tourists.
I highly appreciate all the hard work of their waiter. Old man was capable to move around tinny tables very smooth and quick. He was polite and friendly even though whole restaurant was completely packed and another people were waiting in big queue in front of the restaurant. I also noticed that their chief had to band her back and go through a small entry from a kitchen area to dining area to get piece of a cake from window. Sha made maybe 40 journeys there and back during our dinning time. That continuous movement could be distractive but I think that is part of whole dining experience with this stress vibes.
In terms of food, whole dinner was lovely. White house wine was super tasty as well as vegetable soup that I had. I would also recommend you to try their fish, we had sward and hake and both were prepared on grill with plenty of salad and some potatoes. We picked chocolate and wafer cake. Both were without any mistake and strong coffee finished our amazing experience here.
Overall, I am more than happy that I chose this place despite not that great pictures on TripAdvisor. Our experience here was fabulous.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I came here following the recommendation from the hotel receptionist. The place is small, simple, feels a little greasy .. and I LOVE it. Not just because it’s a ridiculous bargain to have such a satisfying meal, but also because of the experience - locals mix with tourists here. You can ask for the menu in English. The waiters are rather efficient- I was impressed with their skill to squeeze through tight spaces between the tables!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We came here twice we were so impressed. The food is simple, healthy and tasty and I can't remember when we last had such good value for money.
A choice of 3 homemade soups with a lovely fresh bread roll followed by a main - choice of several fish or meat fishes and a drink plus coffee for €5.50. A couple of other mains at a slightly higher price also available. If you opt for wine as your drink you don't just get a glass but a carafe Which for 2 people probably equates to a whole bottle and it's very acceptable too.
A dessert is an optional extra at just €1. Tea can be requested instead of coffee but they only have chamomile tea.
This is an excellent small restaurant and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We came here twice during our week in Porto. It’s a total bargain - soup, a good choice of mains, and a dessert, plus a half litre of wine for €6.50.

Date of visit: March 2018