“Family restaurant”
Review of Novo Mondo

Novo Mondo
Ranked #193 of 2,071 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We visited this little restaurant by chance. Menu consisted of few dishes: fish, pork, beef (all in Portuguese, maybe just couple of English words). We, 2 adults and our 11y daughter, ordered all 3 different meals. And, to be surprised, got in addition also soup which was really good! Then all 3 dishes came. Big portions, home-style cousine. This restaurant is family-run, all of them working very quickly. If you are not pretentious you will be satisfied with a very low price for good food!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family. Great little hole in the wall run by a local couple. They offer a set menu for just EUR5,30. That includes some vegetable soup, bread, coffee, basic dessert and choice of main. Today you could choice from BBQ pork, hamburger, cod, chicken or squid. All were served with fried potatoes, salad and rice. Everything was very fresh and delicious.

1  Thank emmturner
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Let me start by saying if you are looking for expensive fine dining, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a place run by a local couple, serving unbelievably delicious local food, for a value so good I will leave it as a surprise for you when you visit.

This restaurant is a small, simple place a few blocks from the main downtown train station. We had the beef and the pork and both were very tasty. It was served with salad, rice and a tasty version of potatoes that I had not seen before. It is not fancy but it is delicious.

I also enjoyed the fact that this is really a local place that provides a true sense of the local cuisine. The menu is simple: beef, pork, chicken, fish, and sardines. You order one of these and it comes out the way they cook it, no variety in preparation. As I said, the way they cook it is very tasty.

They are able to communicate in English but it is limited but we had no problem communicating our needs. They are also very accommodating and friendly.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a local experience and not luxury. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Tiny spot with delicious food! I had the grilled fish and husband had fried fish. Delicious meal with soup, salad, potatoes, rice and dessert! My 2.5 year old also enjoyed the food!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We visit here every year and it is such good value! Home cooked food and quick service leaving you with enough time to go and drink Port in All in Porto!!!

1  Thank Jojobinksrob