“Nice restaurant but pricey”
Review of Mendi

Mendi
Ranked #109 of 1,924 Restaurants in Porto
Price range: US$31 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is up a side alleyway beside the Crowne Plaza on Av. Boavista. I had read some mixed reviews about it.
I thought the food was good but it is on the expensive side. Average main course without rice or nan is around 20 Euro.
I have eaten Indian in many countries the world over and got excellent food for much less than this.
I had the murgh tandoori and the chicken was served on the bone. My wife had a jalfrezi which was served off the bone but this dish was 19.50 in its own.
There are no menus posted outside , no website etc so you have no way of checking prices until inside.
These prices may suit you , but I thought it was very expensive for a basic Indian meal.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Situated down an alleyway next to the Crown Plaza hotel, this small restaurant excels at everything it does - the owner and his partner are absolutely charming, ensuring your dining experience is first class - the food was home-made, freshly cooked and of the highest quality - absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced.
This restaurant is very popular with the local community so I would suggest you book in advance, but it is truely worth the effort.
Highly recommended !!

1  Thank rotiel321
Reviewed 23 May 2017

My colleague and I had the good fortune to be in Porto for a conference. We had four of our five dinners in Porto at Mendi. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. I had the prawn tandoori with some rice and vegie korma - on two nights! The prawns were fresh and the spices were not overpowering at all. The khulfi was absolutely divine - we had this on all the four nights. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Porto as we love Indian food. Googled and found Mendi, what a find.... food amazing the restaurant is tastefully decorated. We met the owner Kamal who went out of his way to be charming and very attentive towards us. We definitely look forward to returning.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We went for lunch at Mendi on recommendation of a friend and were not disappointed. The panak paneer and stuffed naan were very very good.