It is always nice to prepare for the hectic Christams period with a relaxing holiday in the sun, and that is certainly what is on offer at this hotel. When we initally flew over the island for approach the runway from the south, there didn't seem enough island to land on! Compact and unspoilt describe the island and welcoming and friendly decribe the people. As well as being greeted by the Thomson rep, there was a member of the hotel reception staff at the airport, which indicates the the kind of effort they go to to amke your stay as enjoyable as possible. The fifteen minute trip from the airport to the hotel was refreshing - travelling miles by coach after a flight is never a pleasure. When we got to the hotel the reception was packed - a whole plane load of people in fact. We took the advice of the staff waiting outside to greet us - we left our cases with them and went off to the bar, a most agreeable start to the holiday. When we finally dragged ourselves away to check in, the process was very smooth and we were soon in our impressively sized room, well more like a suite really - bedroom with huge bed, bathroom, sitting room and a terrace looking out onto one of the swimming pools. After a short period of revelry in our lovely temporary home, we took the short walk to the restaurant. As has been described elsewhere on this site, the food isn't five star - it is a good quality holiday resort buffet - but there is plenty of choice and most people should be able to find something they like. Back upstairs to the showbar and settling in to listen to the house duo - I think it was Geri and Luis - for some low key entertainment. They were quite good really - Luis' Sultans of Swing was exceptional in it's own way - the animation staff not so much, plenty of enthusiasm but little else unfortunately but maybe that's just me. As also described elsewhere, the beach is as good as you will find anywhere, just miles of almost uninhabited fine sand. The hotel facilities very good - plenty of pool and sunbed space, indoor and out, full spa and gym and not forgetting the bars. Little to do outside the complex apart from walking - the hills did look enticing, but I was enjoying being lazy too much to take a closer look. The "city" is village sized and not overendowed with retail opportunities, but pleasant enough. To sum up, if you want to relax in very pleasant surroundings, this place has everything you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo