“Good service, but touristy and overpriced”
Review of Alpendre Do Carmo

Alpendre Do Carmo
Ranked #374 of 708 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place is very touristy as it has a hawker outside that tries to convince you to come into the restaurant. I’ve always found that off-putting, and normally, we would avoid these places.

However, we just wanted take-away this evening and this place was close by. The “hawker” outside was very helpful, spoke English and helped me get what I wanted and they had everything ready in 10-15 minutes. So I can't fault the service. My wife and I had grilled steaks which were decent but overpriced.

We also got a pizza which tasted like it was store bought. Of course, I’ve been spoilt by freshly made pizzas in Sardinia.

They have seating outside in the plaza which looks nice.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Really busy with locals, but good service with friendly helpful staff. Enjoyed a tasty shrimp pizza and good coffee, reasonably priced. Inside and outside seating.

1  Thank TonyDodgson
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Located in a hidden street of downtown, among a small chain of bars and cafe, the restaurant offers a good mix of local and international food.
Great pizzaa, nice się ft drinks and beer. Quick and attentive service speaking in English easily.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Found this place just round the corner from our hotel. Good quality food for a decent price. Friendly and helpful staff. Have come here everyday during our holiday. A lot of locals seem to use this place so if it's okay for them it's ok for me

1  Thank johgal
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Small restaurant located in the heart of downtown (funchal). As a rule has 6-7 diferent options as "meal of the day", most of this options with pasta. meats and chicken are good options too!