US$189
US$169
US$254
US$247
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$300/night.

US$240
US$182
US$174
Priceline
US$578
All reviewssea viewlido areacake shoppool arealovely hotelminute walkbed and breakfastno tea coffee making facilitiescooked itemsclean hotelbarking dogscleaned every daypingo docebread rollsbeautiful islandold townfresh fruit
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We stayed here for 1 week B&B and it suited us perfectly.
The room looked like it had recently been decorated. It was spotlessly clean and comfortable, with a lovely seaview from the balcony. We slept very well in the beds!
There was a fridge in the room, though no kettle.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful, with a variety of hot dishes (scrambled eggs, sausages etc), cold meats, cheese and salad, a range of fresh fruit a good choice of baked goods.
The pool was very nice to relax next to. WIFI worked well throughout the hotel.
It's either a 35/40 minute walk into town, or a short 10min bus ride on one of the frequent buses that leave from 2 mins away.
There are a couple of small supermarkets close to the hotel and plenty of places to eat nearby, although we preferred to go downtown.
The staff were pleasant and on the one occasion we had a small problem with the bathroom sink plug, the chambermaid had it fixed really quickly.
Would go back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hjcl
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Muthu Raga Hotel.

We are very happy to read your feedback on TripAdvisor and thank you for sparing your time to post the feedback. The team and I are very happy to read about how much you enjoyed your stay.

Your generous praise for our team and the effort they put is very encouraging and will motivate them to continue putting in their best efforts.

I do hope that you have many more opportunities to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Raga and things have gone down hill in the gap between visits. It's been taken over by a chain and the service of staff is now not a 'highly satisfied'. Firstly the dining area was slow in having both the food replenished and the tables cleared which slowed down the days, the cleaning standards have dropped in the rooms and the biggest complaint I had, was the fire escape to the outside on level 7 was blocked by beds..my email has been ignored and I spoke to reception and the ladies response was it's the 'secondary' exit and the only one that went outside (well I hope so!) & it is only used IF the main stair escape is blocked, now the outside was my closet exit to use- now if the building was burning down I'd wanna get outside ASAP not into the reception area. She didn't seem this to be a fire risk and was very rude and unimpressed she had to left her little office at the back. She said the fire procedures were different than the UK- clearly not taken seriously at all. Shame as the hotel is in a prime location with easy access to Funchal and surrounding areas.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Rhona D
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your experience about your recent stay.

I am disheartened to read about your experience and the inconvenience caused to you on your recent visit.

The concerns raised was absolutely avoidable and could have been handled with responsibly by my team when highlighted by you.

I have taken up the issue with all the concerned team members and also reiterated all the staff about the implications of this failure on our part and I assure you that the team would not give another oppourtunity for complain.

I request you to treat this in isolation and not to spoil your impression of our hotel. I assure you that more care will be exercised in the future to ensure that your stays with us are comfortable, enjoyable and exceed your expectations.

My team and I look forward to your next stay and hope that your future visits will find a more satisfying experience.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed here in early March with my family,during the worst cyclone Madeira had suffered for 10 years. However the hotel is well located with attentive reception staff.Great sea views from the room despite the weather.Breakfast was plentiful but adequate.Transport to Funchal centre is easy,by bus or a 30 minute walk.There are many good restaurants around the hotel ,including the Barracuda,which served great ,reasonably priced food with great service from the owners.On our final day ,our flight timing was quite late in the day,however the hotel let us check out 5 hours later than normal for no charge,a very welcome addition.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank craigevans6
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

My team and I are delighted to read your positive comments about the Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel. I shared your assessment with the whole team; they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well perceived and greatly appreciated.

Thank you !! It was a pleasure to have you here.

We look forward to welcome you again to Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel.

Greetings,

Alwyn

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Room Tip: Needs some TLC
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked last minute so we knew the hotel was full sea view was out of the question
This is about 4 times we have stayed at the Raga so we know what to expect our room was immaculate as usual maid changes towels on a daily basis we had a South facing room on floor 10 plenty of sunshine in the morning
Food not flash basic but did the job normal breakfast fruit bacon ect evening meals had theme nights Brazilian, Portuguese, ect
Raga is very central close to all local bus routes just across from the hotel you can purchase a bus pass & keep adding on as you need 2 journeys being the least these can be bought in the newsagents at the small arcade left as you come out of the hotel bus no 1, 2, 4, all take you into town where you can go on futher routes the price for one journey is the same with a pass which works out cheaper Pingo Doce Super-markets & Pharmacys are all on your doorstep plus a good selection of resturants
Raga receptionists are lovely very helpful at all times nothing is to much trouble you only need to ask Car parking is available if you want to hire a Car whilst the pool is not huge it has a nice feel about the area it's in
with the loungers very private & homely

Room Tip: Sea view is always the best but then it depends on the time you spend in the room south view only has sun in the morning
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 283Madge
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

Thank you !! It was a pleasure to have you here.

We will be happy to welcome you again on your 5th visit to Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel.

Greetings,