All reviews sea view lido area lovely hotel pool area bed and breakfast minute walk pool attendant cooked items clean hotel bread rolls pingo doce beautiful island old town fresh fruit cable car poolside bar cold meats
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Room Tip: Needs some TLC
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked last minute so we knew the hotel was full sea view was out of the question
This is about 4 times we have stayed at the Raga so we know what to expect our room was immaculate as usual maid changes towels on a daily basis we had a South facing room on floor 10 plenty of sunshine in the morning
Food not flash basic but did the job normal breakfast fruit bacon ect evening meals had theme nights Brazilian, Portuguese, ect
Raga is very central close to all local bus routes just across from the hotel you can purchase a bus pass & keep adding on as you need 2 journeys being the least these can be bought in the newsagents at the small arcade left as you come out of the hotel bus no 1, 2, 4, all take you into town where you can go on futher routes the price for one journey is the same with a pass which works out cheaper Pingo Doce Super-markets & Pharmacys are all on your doorstep plus a good selection of resturants
Raga receptionists are lovely very helpful at all times nothing is to much trouble you only need to ask Car parking is available if you want to hire a Car whilst the pool is not huge it has a nice feel about the area it's in
with the loungers very private & homely

Room Tip: Sea view is always the best but then it depends on the time you spend in the room south view only has sun in the morning
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 283Madge
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

My team and I are delighted to read your positive comments about the Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel. I shared your assessment with the whole team; they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well perceived and greatly appreciated.

Thank you !! It was a pleasure to have you here.

We will be happy to welcome you again on your 5th visit to Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel.

Greetings,

Alwyn Vaz

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our room on level -1 was South facing with a sea view. Well equipped - safe, hair dryer . A bit small but ok. Air con could not cool the room sufficiently so very hot at night. Needed fan on all night. Partition walls far from soundproof so some noise at night as revellers returned at 1.30am.

Room Tip: Avoid South facing level -1.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan M
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay due to the air-conditioning and noise from other guests.

I request you to treat this incident in isolation and not mar your impression of the hotel.

Best regards

Alwyn

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Paid and booked a sea view, received mountain/building site view. Staff unhelpful regarding change of room and in general. Air conditioning not working in alternative rooms, but the views from the hotel room we had were very good. It was notice later in the week when the temperature increased that the bathroom smelt. Rooms needed a good clean. A charge for the safe was 10 euros with a 5 euro deposit. Insufficient lifts, only would hold 4 people at most and only 2 people with cases. Food bland and unappetising and not much choice. Gym consisted of exercise bike and table tennis. No hand gel available even though there was an outbreak of sickness on the island. Would not recommend this hotel. There were plenty other hotels to choose from.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank luckyjenny171
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies that your experience with us was not a positive one. I have shared your comments with the Executive housekeeper and her team with regards to the cleanliness in the room you have highlighted. I have also noted your feedback on the food and assure you that we shall look into your concerns and address them.

The airconditioning in the rooms has only cooling option and we provide heaters for guests on request.

I reiterate my apologies -whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity.

We are committed to understanding and ensuring a memorable experience for our guests, and strive to resolve any concerns that may arise. It is our goal to make every guest experience positively memorable and look forward to the prospects of future opportunities that allow us to do so.

My team and I look forward to your upcoming stay and hope that your future visits find a more satisfying experience.

Best regards

Alwyn

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

One of my first experiences and for a tourist the hotel is the first attraction and a place of comfort and warmth... and I believe I had the best experience with a wonderful hospitality service and friendly staff detailing us and guiding us with an aim to keep our stay comfortable.. I'm again travelling and for sure wouldn't have a second thought in booking with them.. thank you for the wonderful time...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Santosh N

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

Thank you !! It was a pleasure to have you here.

We will be happy to welcome you again at our Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel.

Greetings,