All reviewssea viewlido arealovely hotelpool areabed and breakfastminute walkpool attendantcooked itemsclean hotelbread rollspingo docebeautiful islandold townfresh fruitcable carpoolside barcold meats
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our room on level -1 was South facing with a sea view. Well equipped - safe, hair dryer . A bit small but ok. Air con could not cool the room sufficiently so very hot at night. Needed fan on all night. Partition walls far from soundproof so some noise at night as revellers returned at 1.30am.

Room Tip: Avoid South facing level -1.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan M
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay due to the air-conditioning and noise from other guests.

I request you to treat this incident in isolation and not mar your impression of the hotel.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Paid and booked a sea view, received mountain/building site view. Staff unhelpful regarding change of room and in general. Air conditioning not working in alternative rooms, but the views from the hotel room we had were very good. It was notice later in the week when the temperature increased that the bathroom smelt. Rooms needed a good clean. A charge for the safe was 10 euros with a 5 euro deposit. Insufficient lifts, only would hold 4 people at most and only 2 people with cases. Food bland and unappetising and not much choice. Gym consisted of exercise bike and table tennis. No hand gel available even though there was an outbreak of sickness on the island. Would not recommend this hotel. There were plenty other hotels to choose from.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank luckyjenny171
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies that your experience with us was not a positive one. I have shared your comments with the Executive housekeeper and her team with regards to the cleanliness in the room you have highlighted. I have also noted your feedback on the food and assure you that we shall look into your concerns and address them.

The airconditioning in the rooms has only cooling option and we provide heaters for guests on request.

I reiterate my apologies -whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity.

We are committed to understanding and ensuring a memorable experience for our guests, and strive to resolve any concerns that may arise. It is our goal to make every guest experience positively memorable and look forward to the prospects of future opportunities that allow us to do so.

My team and I look forward to your upcoming stay and hope that your future visits find a more satisfying experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

One of my first experiences and for a tourist the hotel is the first attraction and a place of comfort and warmth... and I believe I had the best experience with a wonderful hospitality service and friendly staff detailing us and guiding us with an aim to keep our stay comfortable.. I'm again travelling and for sure wouldn't have a second thought in booking with them.. thank you for the wonderful time...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Santosh N

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

My team and I are delighted to read your positive comments about the Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel. I shared your assessment with the whole team; they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well perceived and greatly appreciated.

Thank you !! It was a pleasure to have you here.

We will be happy to welcome you again at our Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel.

Greetings,

Alwyn Vaz

Reviewed 16 March 2018

When we arrived we were given a room on the 7th floor although we had requested a low floor. When we queried this the receptionist became rather unpleasant and unhelpful. We wanted to use the safe in the room but the keypad had been disabled so we phoned reception and they sent up a woman with a pair of scissors to prise off the front panel to reveal a keyhole. They then charged 10 euros per week for the use of the key - unbelievable.
The room itself was comfortable and had a lovely view to the sea. The breakfast buffet was also fine. However there was nowhere in the hotel to get a cup of tea or coffee during the day.
The gym comprised 1 exercise bike and 1 weight machine.
This hotel certainly does not have the facilities and comfort expected from a 4star hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorna D

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. As we learn of guest preferences when initially allocating rooms, we are usually always able to find an alternative should a room not meet their individual preferences or subsequently during the stay. It is very unusual though, but I reckon that sounds to be the case during your stay.

Our sea view rooms on lower floor are with kitchenettes and do not fall in the same category booked by you and hence could not be allocated to you due to sold out situation during your stay.

The safes in the rooms are on charge and come along with insurance incase of theft or any loss and hence the fees are applicable and is advertised accordingly on all our website aswell with the travel agent websites.

Our restaurants are open only during meals, however we have a pool bar which is open through the day which serves snacks and all drinks including tea/coffee from 9am untill 7pm.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel was great. Staffs were very welcoming and helpful. It is located prime location in Madeira very close to the beach. The hair dryer in my room was not working but the hotel staff was very helpful in replacing the same. Would recommend everyone to stay in this hotel when they are traveling to Madeira.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
ragahotel, Manager at Muthu Raga Madeira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Guest

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we shall continue to focus on exceed expectations of valuable guests such as yourself.

I apologise for the inconveniece caused to you with regards to the hair dryer. My team is delighted to read your positive comments on team and service and they are truly inspired.

Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward for an opportunity to serve you again.

Alwyn Vaz