See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times over the last ten years. This is my go to place in Funchal.
Another perfect stay.
I stayed for one night due to having to leave an awful accommodation called Mirasol Residence who my friend had booked last minute.
I felt so happy to be in Reno after the treatment there.
I recognise the same gent at the desk.
Location: right in the centre
This time I had an amazing room at the top of the building with the greatest views of the cruise ships and the mountains and a large patio.
In the past I have had rooms with no views.
There is a kitchen area.
A living room area.
A large patio.
Good wifi.
It was 5* in my opinion. Not modern but perfect and comfortable. The decor has been the same in ten years.
It made me want to book again in a few months!

I'm never staying anywhere else again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Great location, very clean small apartment with Wi-Fi. No view from my room/studio apartment. Stayed 10 days while working - perfect city centre location close to everything. Will stay again - not any kind of luxury but neat and clean. Great restaurants nearby, close to taxis, cafes and shopping.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Excellent Service from the friendly and happy to help staff and management, they,
ie Constanca, the Chambermaid, always ready to help, a diligent lady who changed our towels and linen daily, a font of hints and tips and ideas, Mr. Barradas, the Gentleman we dealt with over the phone when booking, again a nice and friendly manager, always ready to help us ie my wife and I, especially as my wife speaks Portugese and I speak English but they all speak both languages which I and others must find helpful. Richard, the night porter/ receptionist, always on hand with helpful advise, help, hints and knowledge on places to visit. These made our stay so pleasurable that we will certainly be staying again.
We had a self catering apartment that came with 3 beds in 2 rooms but were only charged for the 2 persons, a balcony, a large living room, with tv, etc, a kitchen, with 3 of everything in the utensils department , but who's complaining,bathroom/shower and loo, all very clean, not too modern but then again, we were on holiday and this did not matter, Clean and comfortable and pretty less expensive than some hotels. Centralised location, for the city and plenty of buses and taxis. Also a roof for sitting and enjoying the sunsets from. A well deserved 5 Stars to the Apartamentos Reno and all who work there. Thank you, Obrigado.

Room Tip: Top floor balcony, especially for photographers( great for seascape and night views).
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 13 June 2016

OK, it doesn't have air-conditioning or much cutlery and crockery, but it has a massive fridge, a microwave and a kettle. It's clean, the beds are comfortable and there is wi-fi on the roof. The view from there at night is fantastic with the whole of Funchal stretching around you up the hill. Location is excellent for shops and restaurants. And there's a lift!
Been before and will come again.

Room Tip: Don't want competition so no tip!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvFunchal
Reviewed 28 April 2016

My daughter and I spent a week here in April 2016.We always had a very friendly welcome from the staff in both English and Portuguese as my daughters first language is Portuguese (born in Funchal). The room was very comfortable with cottage style furniture which we found comfortable together with the beds. I have a back problem and it was the first time I was able to get out of bed pain free. The staff were always friendly, when we asked for a kettle it was delivered to the apartment within five minutes. The rooms were cleaned daily and bed made with fresh lined alternate fays and fresh towels daily. We had free access to Wi-Fi together with cable tv.There was a coffee shop and restaurant next door and the apartments are within 200 meters of the city centre. We were so impressed that we have decided when we go back this will be our first choice. Thank you to all the staff for making us very welcome

Room Tip: Central location, reasonably priced, clean and very friwndly
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple