First visit to Madeira and Funchal and absolutely loved the Hotel.
Hotel is located by the sea in the lido area of Funchal and has spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Enough restaurants, bars and shops nearby. Be aware of the steepness of the streets not ideal for anyone with mobility problems.
Location of hotel for us was perfect and very relaxing. We were allocated a room in the circular tower and the view is nothing short of spectacular. We booked a standard studio which was very spacious and had everything we needed including a small kitchen area at the entrance to the room. Rooms are quite old-fashioned but very tasteful and well cared for.
Breakfast had everything you could possibly wish for, with outside seating and again panoramic views.
All staff that we spoke to were excellent and very polite especially the restaurant and reception areas.
Swimming pool area was lovely with plenty of sunbeds although we did experience a lot of people reserving beds with towels probably at the crack of dawn and not surfacing until lunch time !! Also was surprised that the Hotel charged for parasols when these are usually free at other hotels.
Beach towels are provided - these are in your hotel wardrobe.
Guests from the hotel receive a 20% discount for the spa and there is live music there 3 times a week.
There is no courtesy room for those with a late flight - we just used the facilities of the Health Club for a shower.
There is a nice shopping centre called the Forum which is open until 11pm not far from the hotel which we walked to but is also on the bus route. We used the local buses for the old town and going up to Monte. A one day bus card cost 5 Euros.
There is also a really good supermarket opposite "Pingo Doce " - some really good wine and beers at reasonable prices.
We had a lovely week in Funchal and would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Palms is a 4-star hotel in Funchal, located along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, with direct beach access. Built along the seafront, the Pestana Palms is located in Funchal's hotel zone, 20 minutes on foot from the city centre. Its splendid and original architecture combining modern and traditional styles ensure all of the hotel's rooms have incredible views of the sea. In the modern building, you will find the guest rooms and the restaurant. In the traditional building, an old Manor House surrounded by gardens, you will find the common areas. This hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool with views of Funchal's cliffs. Reserve some time for your mind and body at the Health Club equipped with a jacuzzi and a massage room. Take the opportunity to learn to dive at the hotel's Dive School and visit Madeira's Underwater Reserve. Madeira International Airport is located 23 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Madeira/Funchal