We had a room in the tower which meant we could leave the balcony doors open to hear the sea at night. Really comfortable bed, large room with mini kitchen. Bathroom a bit dated but fine; shower over bath with curtain. Shame the room didn't have air con. There was a large ceiling fan but some nights were really hot and a bit uncomfortable.
The whole place was very clean, gardens beautiful and well tended. The pool was good, I found the temperature fine even first thing in the morning. One major issue was the number of people who reserved sunbeds from about 8 am leaving very few free for those less selfish people. There is a notice saying that it isn't allowed but it clearly was. Gave us entertainment as we ate breakfast on our balcony though watching the stream of people carrying their towels down. There is excellent sea access for swimming and the sea is clear enough to snorkel. 2 euros to hire pool umbrellas unless you are a timeshare or options member.
The supermarket across the road is very good. Taxis wait outside in the evening . The hotel is at the bottom of a very steep hill which could be an issue. Aerobus from the airport is 8 euros return and stops at the top of the hill. Local busses also stop there and are an excellent way of seeing the area.Some excellent restaurants within walking distance too.
Balcony had really comfortable chairs - sadly the people next to us were smokers and the smoke made its way into our room.
On the whole it was a good stay- being able to sleep with the sound of the sea is pretty special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Palms is a 4-star hotel in Funchal, located along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, with direct beach access. Built along the seafront, the Pestana Palms is located in Funchal's hotel zone, 20 minutes on foot from the city centre. Its splendid and original architecture combining modern and traditional styles ensure all of the hotel's rooms have incredible views of the sea. In the modern building, you will find the guest rooms and the restaurant. In the traditional building, an old Manor House surrounded by gardens, you will find the common areas. This hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool with views of Funchal's cliffs. Reserve some time for your mind and body at the Health Club equipped with a jacuzzi and a massage room. Take the opportunity to learn to dive at the hotel's Dive School and visit Madeira's Underwater Reserve. Madeira International Airport is located 23 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Palms Madeira/Funchal