Lowest prices for your stay
US$341
US$342
Agoda.com
US$276
LHW.comUS$361
PricelineUS$335
eDreamsUS$341
All reviews infinity pool walk in wardrobe premium experience ocean room valet parking pillow menu galaxy restaurant jacaranda lounge soft opening phase test results parking included therapy room tiny drawers providing towels day bed hotel info usb ports
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

We stay every year at the royal savoy and as we had watched the building of the new hotel we decided to book for afternoon tea and have a look now it’s open. I should have been suspicious when I was asked to pay in advance! I have been a customer of the old savoy and the royal savoy for twenty odd years and have never been asked to pay in advance. We ordered our specialist tea, we waited 40 mins and finally it came, two tiny sandwiches each, one tiny scone each, two small cakes each! No offer of any more, no fill up of tea, low sugar jam. I have eaten afternoon tea in lots of places! Never this stingy considering it cost €135 for six of us. The worst value I’ve ever had anywhere anytime! Don’t bother. Go to Reid’s. Lovely china is my only positive remark!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kathleenc817
savoypalace, Gerente geral at Savoy Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2020

Dear Mrs. Kathleen,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding the High Tea Experience at our hotel.
We feel truly disheartened for not having been able to cater to your needs on this occasion, especially, being a valuable and loyal customer of the Savoy Signature family. Customer satisfaction is of extreme importance to us and, therefore, we sincerely regret for falling short on your expectations.
We herewith highly encourage you to contact us directly (via email or telephone) so that we can discuss further on the matter and find the best arrangements to reclaim your confidence in our services as well as meeting your requirements should you give us another chance.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon and thank you once again for your precious contribution through your words.
On behalf of the entire Savoy Palace Team, we convey kindest regards and «Muito obrigado»,

José António Pereira

Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

The Savoy Palace is one of the loveliest hotels we have ever visited. From our spectacular room over looking the ocean, to the stunning architecture, and perfect location, this hotel has exceeded all expectations. Paramount has been the staff who are so helpful and charming! Zita at reception has gone out of her way to accommodate all requests with professionalism and the warmest smile. I highly recommend this magnificent hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank luvs2travl2009
savoypalace, Gerente geral at Savoy Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for giving us such perfect rating and for encouraging other potential visitors to stay with us. Your positive feedback and valuable contribution to the ever growing Savoy Palace is highly appreciated. Zita is definitely an important member of our Front desk team and we can assure you the entire staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay at our brand new property. We shall most definitely continue to strive in catering to our guests' needs on every occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact us whenever your travel adventures bring you back to the «Pearl of the Atlantic».

José António Pereira

Reviewed 19 January 2020

We stayed for the week beginning 30th December to enjoy the NYE fireworks which are fab especially as the cruise ships moor up.

The hotel is brand new and stunning in it's design - tasteful furnishings, acres of space and the most beautiful swimming pool together with plants and palms and interesting groupings of flora. We were on the 10th floor in a spacious room with white marble bathroom, bronze fittings and huge shower. The balcony overlooked the pool and gardens and faced the sea.

The room lacked storage space so we were living partly out of a suitcase. There was nowhere in the bathroom to hang or lay clothes - maybe a chair and a couple of hooks.

Breakfast was served both inside and out and was a delight to sit overlooking the pool at the beginning of January. Good selection of hot and cold though limited choice of cereal and wondered why the selection of breads was in another area where the omelettes were being made.

The service over New Year was not 5 star standard but when we used the smaller breakfast room it improved.

The hotel lounges and bar were very quiet which was surprising as it was New Year. All the staff we met were very polite and respectful. One evening we had dinner in our room and it was served and presented by a charming lady called Deane? White linen tablecloth, silver cutlery, silver domes on the plates and excellent food made the occasion very enjoyable.

Room tip: The higher the better overlooking the sea
2  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 14 January 2020

Myself and my fiancée both stayed here on the 4th floor a few days ago. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by friendly staff and welcomed as well as guided to our room by the reception staff, we was shown how the lifts work. (It is very easy just remember to take your key if you wish to visit floor 16 or go back to your floor) Our room was fantastic only one fault. Glasses were stocked too high in cupboards however we had a step in our room ( if this is a problem to anyone dial 0 on the phone and staff are willing to help) the TVs in our room were wow but we are on holiday. But I did find a good channel 87 films I seen but forgot about if it’s a rainy day. We had a 1 bed deluxe apt opposite sinks and a bath 2 showers, double balcony walk-in wardrobe and plenty of towels with dressing gowns included. We didn’t hear anything from our door it was very quiet. Floor 16 you have great views and also a restaurant and the infinity pool . The outside pool looks great plenty of space however, we found a square pool only 1.5deep With beds around. Indoor pool is also lovely and has a spa kind of theme. The gym is open too (times may change so I won’t disclose) there is access to the beach and it’s by the sister hotel (royal savoy) you have to purchase beverages there tho not bill to your room. Unfortunately we didn’t eat in the hotel as Madeira have so many fab restaurants we wanted to go to. So good luck I’ve heard good reviews. I was happy with my stay. I was away from work for a week and I cannot fault the staff and all the hard work they put in to make your stay happy. I hope this helps

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank benrV4635VC
savoypalace, Gerente geral at Savoy Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for the high rate as well as the words of appreciation towards our brand new luxury property's facilities and staff. We are extremely delighted to know your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Your opinion is of the utmost importance and enable us to make sure that the services we provide meet our guests’ most demanding requirements and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warmest regards,
Jose Antonio Pereira - General Manager

Reviewed 9 January 2020

Went there for a christmas break thinking that i would try a new hotel.
I discovered that it did not live up to the expectations set by the marketing.
Too many 3/4 empty restaurants and bars and yet somehow despite being empty service is glacially slow. the hotel gets its priority wrong it would be better to have less restaurants and give great service.

The pink and gold decor is overwhelming and I think that the interior designer doesn’t do classy and understated.

It occurred to me that the reception staff were under trained & I was shocked and appalled when I checked out by the young lady on reception asking for tips for staff rather than asking about how our stay was.

What a joke!

I wont be returning to stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2019