“Fabulous little find!”

Lisboa Tu & Eu
Ranked #141 of 5,122 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Description: Typical Portuguese restaurant, where we offer you the possibility of experiencing the genuine and typical Portuguese food, served in small portions so you can taste several different dishes! We serve Breakfast, lunch, Brunch and dinner. We wait for you, come and meet us!
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

We were strolling passed and decided to pop in for a small snack - we ended up staying for lunch and loved every bite! Hospitality and suggestions were spot on. Our children tried food they wouldn't normally and loved it! Maria is wonderful and kind - she made us feel incredibly welcome. Cod fritters are fab and the sardines in marinade just too yummy (especially with the bread to mop up all the marinade!). A true hidden gem!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

We found Maria's restaurant by chance and decided to stop for brunch with the kids. Maria's food and hospitality were so good, we could not help but to return again that evening for dinner! Superb.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Last week we stayed in a lovely little Alfama house. Through our window we were looking upon a very little restaurant, with 2 tiny tables on the street and 4 tables inside. We decided to have dinner ther on our last evening and we wished we had done that before! Maria started this restaurant to honour her late husband Norberto. You can taste all her love for him in her excellent homemade Portuguese food! It feels loke coming home in your mothers kitchen: good dishes, and lots of care and attention, and little snacks to try and enjoy. We loved to eat with you, Maria, and we hope to come back once!

1  Thank miekebergkamp
Reviewed 3 April 2016

This little restaurant (I mean little) is a gem. We where walking back from St. George Castle and found this restaurant by mistake and I will never forget it. The little older lady that owns it makes you feel like you're her family. Everything is home made by her and she keeps bringing you food to taste and does not want to charge you. PLEASE make sure to find this little restaurant because you will really get to know what is like to be part of a Portuguese family. LOVE IT!!!!!!

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I am lucky to be staying right across the street from Restaurant Lisboa Tu a EU. The owner Maria and her side kick Gonsalvo have been like family to me. So far I have enjoyed the following dishes from the daily changing home-made menu. I loved the delicate, green Portuguese soup made from a cabbage/kale and potato base and fresh herbs, served with their home made bread. Next the cod cakes wt spicy red pepper sauce ( Gonsalvo's special recipe), the marinated or grilled sardines - house made and extremely fresh out of the water. The Pota (giant squid) and the Salad Polvo (young octopus) are tender and extremely fresh and tasty. If you fancy meat try the local Pica Pau pork stew done Portuguese style and marinated with spices, herbs and local beer. For my other menu faves, have the cheese board with that luxurious lemon curd or the mixed meat plate wt local bread. Finish with house made - by Maria - desserts - the lemon cake with lemon curd or the sublime and rich, rice pudding with a dusting of cinnamon - I love it with a little of that house made lemon curd. You can guess I love that lemon curd with everything. I saw Maria make it at the restaurant, myself.
There is a wonderful selection of local beers, wines and the famous Portuguese Licor de Ginga with coffee or tea. All prices are very reasonable and I plan on sampling the entire revolving menu before I leave Lisbon. The restaurant is homey and comfortable with a tiny balcony with tables at the front. The service is attentive and family style. The restaurant is open all week from 11a.m. to 10 p.m.
Maria and Gonsalvo - Love it all,