“Shaped our experience in Lisbon”

Lisbon Lounge Hostel
Ranked #23 of 514 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 14 December 2014

STAY HERE. This place is amazing. It is super spacious and clean, and has tons of personality from the staff to the local artwork. Reserve for the daily dinner (will happen if enough people reserve) for €10. It's prepared by a local cook - authentic, Portuguese food - a soup, a main and dessert with a couple glasses of wine. We also booked with the hostel's tour to Sintra for €38 - an all-day tour that includes transport, an amazing lunch and local knowledge (Our tour guide, Sofia, was awesome). Our experience in Lisbon wouldn't have been the same if we didn't stay here.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel for it's comfortable rooms, shared lounge spaces, spacious/clean bathroom (I only used the 3rd floor self-contained bathroom), egg/pancake breakfasts, and the very friendly and helpful staff (always giving great advice when I asked) - including the resident chef, who I also enjoyed chatting to. The interior design is also very pleasing. Perfect location for metro and exploring the city.

A few small negatives: when I stayed, I wasn't able to use wifi in bed - however reading recent reviews perhaps this has changed - however spending time in the common lounges was fine (except when fellow guests were being inconsiderately loud); my bunk bed didn't have a powerpoint close but I had plugs within locker - great for security, but a hassle when I needed to charge phone overnight while still needing it as my alarm. And lastly, the fridge didn't seem to have a system for labelling personal food - I had to ask the reception for pen/paper to label as I was concerned for this (I was storing 'souvenir' food).

Overall though, I wouldn't hesitate recommending it - just a few small improvements I think the hostel could make.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank inpursuitofdelicious
Reviewed 6 September 2014

I'm in a 8 bed mixed dorm and the mix is so great and really amazing meeting different people walking in and out the hostel! Got so much character and breakfast included! Had a wonderful time here and would recommend it to anyone with or without a budget!

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank Vanesha R
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this hostel. I stayed here while studying abroad and it was one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel itself feels very welcoming and homey.

The location was central and we had easy access to public transportation. For perspective, we took a cab to Bairro Alto and it was very short.

We stayed at a 8 bed room and felt very comfortable. All were bunk beds and all were very clean. Underneath the bunk beds, there were lockers where you could keep your belongings. The bathrooms were across the room and were exceptionally clean. The shower was modern and even had a small area where you could change without getting wet.

Overall this was a great hostel and I recommend it to any traveler on a budget. Wish all hostels were like this!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank NycMA62
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel was great. The feel you get as soon as you are are shown your room is amazing- the decor is done superbly, the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, there are multiple shared living spaces, the staff were helpful, the hostel is clean, the wifi was fast and worked everywhere in the hostel (not just reception) and the breakfast had some gooood pancakes every morning. However, there were a fair few negatives I feel need to be mentioned:
- the street is very loud which can wake you up quite early if you don't shut the windows
- the windows stream in light, so in order to get any sleep you need to close them, and then the rooms can get very warm
- the whole bed shakes when anyone walks around the rooms, especially the top bunks, which was really annoying when people came home late
- the shower heads were broken, so had to hold the shower up yourself. Easy to fix problem - so hopefully they get onto that
- while most beds had power points nearby, mine didn't, so setting an alarm at nighttime was hard to do when you wanted to charge your phone and not wake everyone else

Also, all our groceries kept getting eaten when left in the communal fridge/kitchen, and I spoke to other guests who had the same experience.. This is obviously not the hostels fault, but was very frustrating!! So we started to keep our food in the room if it didn't need to be refrigerated.
Overall, however, I did enjoy my stay here and the positives do outweigh the negatives. Note- there is much public transport nearby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends