All reviews bed room rua augusta perfect location free breakfast every morning no elevator top floor excellent stay the heart of the city metro station wifi euro epic earplugs stylish toilet fado
Reviewed 6 September 2014

I'm in a 8 bed mixed dorm and the mix is so great and really amazing meeting different people walking in and out the hostel! Got so much character and breakfast included! Had a wonderful time here and would recommend it to anyone with or without a budget!

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank Vanesha R
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this hostel. I stayed here while studying abroad and it was one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel itself feels very welcoming and homey.

The location was central and we had easy access to public transportation. For perspective, we took a cab to Bairro Alto and it was very short.

We stayed at a 8 bed room and felt very comfortable. All were bunk beds and all were very clean. Underneath the bunk beds, there were lockers where you could keep your belongings. The bathrooms were across the room and were exceptionally clean. The shower was modern and even had a small area where you could change without getting wet.

Overall this was a great hostel and I recommend it to any traveler on a budget. Wish all hostels were like this!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank NycMA62
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel was great. The feel you get as soon as you are are shown your room is amazing- the decor is done superbly, the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, there are multiple shared living spaces, the staff were helpful, the hostel is clean, the wifi was fast and worked everywhere in the hostel (not just reception) and the breakfast had some gooood pancakes every morning. However, there were a fair few negatives I feel need to be mentioned:
- the street is very loud which can wake you up quite early if you don't shut the windows
- the windows stream in light, so in order to get any sleep you need to close them, and then the rooms can get very warm
- the whole bed shakes when anyone walks around the rooms, especially the top bunks, which was really annoying when people came home late
- the shower heads were broken, so had to hold the shower up yourself. Easy to fix problem - so hopefully they get onto that
- while most beds had power points nearby, mine didn't, so setting an alarm at nighttime was hard to do when you wanted to charge your phone and not wake everyone else

Also, all our groceries kept getting eaten when left in the communal fridge/kitchen, and I spoke to other guests who had the same experience.. This is obviously not the hostels fault, but was very frustrating!! So we started to keep our food in the room if it didn't need to be refrigerated.
Overall, however, I did enjoy my stay here and the positives do outweigh the negatives. Note- there is much public transport nearby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michellehammo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friend who stayed at Lisbon Lounge in summer 2013 recommended it to me so I stayed here from March 8-14 with my boyfriend in a four-person dorm room for spring break. It's THE best hostel I have stayed at.

Free breakfast is served every morning. Even if you are not a morning person, don't miss the crispy pancakes. They are delicious. The 10-Euro dinner is to die for. You won't find a deal as good as this anywhere in the city. Chef Pedro makes amazing ice cream mousse. My boyfriend loved Chef Pedro's ribs and so did I (I usually dislike BBQ ribs common in America).

The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The bed is comfortable to sleep in. You will need to bring your own towel and toiletries.

Lisbon Lounge is very conveniently located. Be it the bus, tram (a must-try) or metro (only a few blocks away from Baixa-Chiado station), it's right there. The beautiful Praça do Comércio is a few minutes walk away.

We didn't take part in the walking tour of the area but we did go on a day tour to Sintra and Cascais (30-40 Euros/person). Don't miss out on the Sintra tour! The municipality of Sintra has a lot of beautiful parks and palaces. While it's possible to visit Sintra from the city on a train, it is very exhausting to walk to all of the palaces.

On top of the famous castles, the tour guide takes you on a mini van to the village of Sintra where you'll sample different kinds of Porto wine and cheese and to Cascais, which is located farther west, to see a beautiful sunset on a beach. She packed picnic lunch for all of us, complete with chocolatey brownies.

Since we were well taken care of by the staff at Lisbon Lounge Hostel, we might have become pickier hostel travelers. I can only hope other hostels around the world can catch up to Lisbon & Living Lounge's level of awesomeness.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor (I believe) and the wifi was almost nonexistent in our room. It was a bummer that we had to go to a lounge on lower floors for checking emails. If you prefer having a strong wifi connection, try to stay on 2-3F.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Perfectly situated in the center, very friendly staff. Our room was great, nice and clean! Small breakfast was offered with bread, cheese, marmalade and freshly made panncakes every morning. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple