“Nice ambiance, good food”
Review of Fabrica Lisboa

Fabrica Lisboa
Ranked #312 of 5,122 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Description: Next time you pass through Rua da Madalena be aware: if you hear a bell it's fresh bread/croissant time! That's the way Fábrica Lisboa invites customers to taste their croissants, bread or pastry. And the smell of freshly baked croissants that sits in the air when as we entered the new bakery in Rua da Madalena is simply irresistible. It is humanly impossible to resist the temptation to try a croissants with butter, cheese or ham, accompanied by freshly squeezed orange juice. Fábrica Lisbon have its own production, which means that the croissants, bread, pies or cakes are constantly coming out of the oven, which is live in front of the customers. In addition, Fábrica Lisbon deserves a long visit to appreciate the vintage decoration with delightful details, like old scales, bottles, bread boxes or old phones. Even the coffee machine is vintage: try the high quality expresso with the famous Fabrica Lisboa cheesecake or a handmade pain au raisin. Traditional portuguese soups, sandwiches made with traditional rustic bread receipts, pies and fresh salads are also served and more news to come.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

One of few available options for early breakfast in Lisbon (opens at 08.00). The ambiance is nice, a kind of hipster-vintage style, food (sandwiches) also good. The only inconvenience - bad coffee - burnt, underbrewed, no taste

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I do not know if they were having a bad day.. but, burnt coffee and not great service makes me wonder how they got these good reviews. The almond croissant was good though.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had lunch and I really enjoyed my Tuna and wine. We did the outside seating. Got pastries to go, and they were awesome. Good people watching location.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Firstly, know that language will be an issue. You will have to point at the menu items for the staff to understand, what you would like to have. Doesn't really bother me though. During my visit, there were plenty of locals inside, which is always a good sign in my book. They specialise in breakfast food and provide items for a very fair price. I would recommend the fresh cheese sandwich, which I found delicious. The cheese is a ricotta style cheese and goes well with their rustic bread. Their croisants are homemade and delicous, very buttery. That is, of course, what they should be like. Coffee is as you would expect it. I would strongly recommend visiting.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We were served by a very rude and unfriendly waitress. I ordered eggs. When it came I politely asked for the bread to be toasted: the waitress was very annoyed. She rudely took away the bread and didn’t return for at least ten minutes. Meanwhile the rest of my breakfast got cold. No butter with the toast but I didn’t dare even ask as the waitress was so unfriendly. Average coffee at best. Plates not cleared away and we had to badger the staff for our bill whilst the plates sat in front of us for a long time. Overall an unpleasant experience.