“They don't want your custom!”
Review of El Ultimo Tango

El Ultimo Tango
Ranked #3,194 of 4,303 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Wandering down this very busy street we found this place and sat down outside. We did wonder why there was nobody else there and all became clear. We asked for the drinks menu and the old lady said that if we weren't eating we couldn't stay. They were deserted inside and out! We pointed this out but she just ignored us and walked back inside. We wandered a few doors down and had a couple of beers at another bar. All the time we were there and also at the restaurant a few more metres down nobody ate at the restaurant! Incroyable!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We were on our last day in Lisbon, and (perhaps embarrassingly) wanted something different than fish as we'd eaten nothing but for about 2 weeks. We asked the waiter what the "mixed platter" was and he told us it was some of each of the meats on the menu. We each ordered a salad and mixed platter. The salad wasn't bad, until I took a forkful of bean sprouts. They had gone bad and - on closer inspection - I saw, were almost translucent. When we got our main course, the potato had a clump of butter in it so garlicy that neither of us could hope to eat it - and my husband is Italian! The meat was not a sample of each of the other menu items. 1 turned out to be a weiner and another - when we asked - turned out to be blood sausage. Neither of these items had been listed and we never would have ordered them if they had. I sent mine back still 95% intact and my husband ate about 20% of his before sending it back. I'm not sure what happened but it was awful.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I were there with two friends of mine, the older lady served us in a very rude way 'cause we ordered "only" one course... while eating we had the feeling that we were not welcome, we didn't have even the time to finish eating or drinking that she came to clear the table as soon as possible. Besides she made a mistake in the order and when we pointed out she answered back as if the fault was ours. So bad!

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 19 Windows 10 Metro preload
2  Thank laura t
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

I used to live 1year and Half in Lisbon, and trust me It s the best Quality of meat of the city. The meat is grilled front of you and served With whole potato and "maître d hôtel" butter. That the perfect combo!

1  Thank Tasternotest
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

My partner and I really enjoyed our meals here. Good quality, traditional Portuguese cooking at an affordable price. The staff didn't speak much English but were happy to help us navigate the menu.