All reviews city centre metro station flight path business hotel gulbenkian museum body lotion nice hotel clean rooms other hotels recommend this hotel cold meats star hotel minutes walking good size light sleeper buffet breakfast excellent stay
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I could give 5* rating to this place if it wasn't for the prices (6€ for a 0,33cl beer at the bar, or 5€ at the room's minibar, is too much!). But a good choice if the prices are OK for you!
Great building, big rooms, clean and well taken care of (good maintenance). Excellent staff for Lisbon pattern (staff is typical bad in Lisbon, which wasn't the case here)
Located in the new avenues area, thus far away from the touristy centre, but not far away from the subway/underground station, so one can easily reach other town areas.
Working free wifi, good breakfast (variety and quality) except for the coffee (why don't they hand serve coffee and milk anymore; I hate those lousy automatic coffee+milk machines ...)

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Modern hotel in modern area. Excellent service as it was our anniversary and the hotel had a bottle of cava ready for us in the room. The area is nice, but not for tourism. To get to tourist areas you will need a taxi. The room was very good, silent and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SANAMalhoa, Guest Relations Manager at SANA Malhoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear 3Cuori1Capanna,
Thank you so much for choosing SANA Malhoa Hotel for your stay in Lisbon.
It was a pleasure to have had you staying with us!
Thank you so much for allow us to be part of your anniversary!
To get to touristic areas you have taxis, but also the metro station Praça de Espanha - Blue line ( which has direct connection to the city center ) and you reach the city center in just 10m.
Also the Hop-on/Hop-off bus line stop is right outside the Hotel door and covers the major sightseeing in Lisbon.
We do hope to welcome you again in the future
Warmest Regards,
Clara Marçal

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Exploring the beautiful city of Lisbon, you'd want to make sure that your stay is good too. I enjoyed my stay at Sana Malhoa Hotel as it is very accessible and the staff are very cordial. The room is very spacious and the bed is comfortable too. The air-conditioner is a bit loud but, not as loud as the flights taking off Lisbon airport (this hotel and pretty much big part of Liabon is under the flight path at low levels). For food, I'd recommend wandering outside. Loved the coffee machine in the room too.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 579narayanank
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and enjoyed every minute of it.

There are so many wonderful things about it...

The staff- are amazing! Everyone at the front desk speaks excellent English, are friendly, professional and no request is too much trouble. When there were a few minor issues with the room these were addressed immediately.

The breakfast-wow. There is so much choice from cereals, different breads and croissants, a selection of cheeses and cold meats, fruits, yoghurts and a hot breakfast as well as a lovely supply of pastries. The staff are very attentive and again every request was dealt with promptly and with a smile.

Location-not central but very convenient only a few minutes from the espanha metro station (if you go to level -3 through the car park you will come out onto street level, cut diagonally across towards the main street and turn right the station is in front of you.
Also we took the line 2 aerobus from the airport for only €4 euros each and it drops you right outside the hotel. The driver was very good at letting us know when we were at the stop for our hotel. However coming back on a Sunday the aerobus didnot turn up. We took a cab to the hotel which cost €12. The taxi driver was rather rude when we asked him about the fare and actually recommended using Uber?! There are strange people everywhere.

The rooms are very spacious, modern and comfortable. The mattress was lovely, the pillows not to my liking but I'm sure if you had any issues they will exchange them. The bath was huge and the overhead shower powerful. There was a bide which I love also. The hairdryer is also powerful so no need to pack your own. There is a safe free of charge and coffee/tea machine. There is also a fridge with chargeable items. Yes the hotel is on a flight path however once the windows are closed you have to really concentrate to hear the noise. It didn't stop me from sleeping and I'm a light sleeper. Also most hotels in this area all have the same issue as Lisbon airport is literally in the city unlike many European cities where airports are located in the outskirts.

If I had to be fussy and criticise something it would be the spa area. If you're hoping for a wonderful spa don't go here. Otherwise I would definitely recommend it and wouldn't think twice about where to stay if I came back.

Thank you to everyone at the hotel who made our stay so lovely.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Apart from the sauna and jacuzzi that worked fantastically and that was never too busy when ever i when, there is nothing special about this hotel. Breakfast was as expected. Enough choices. I stayed in a standard room, you get a bath but no tea and coffee in the room. Not even a kettle. You do have restaurant, and a cinema at walking distance.

Date of stay: August 2018