“A Perfect Discovery ”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We do not have ATMres. No vegetarian food
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

What a delightful treat: A tiny restaurant run by a charming couple who seem to thoroughly enjoy preparing tasty meals for guests. We had a stew built around properly portioned European hake: perfectly seasoned sauce and very fresh fish. There was also a cocoanut-based fish sauce on the white rice that accompanied the entree. The soup of the day--black bean--took me right to Rio! And don't overlook the miniature chicken pie--an empanada--and cheese bread that Esvaldo (Esvaldo works out front, Eugenia is in the kitchen) brings to the table. All in all, we couldn't have enjoyed it more. It is worth the winding climb a few minutes up hill through narrow passageways, which are part of the charm. Note: no credit cards--but very fair prices.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Only 6 tables so please be in time for a special Brazilian treat in Lisboa. You will be personally welcomed by the host with a handshake. I have never seen a more passionate or professional waiter when he almost as a painter prepares everybodies plates. The quality of the food, the spices and flavours are simply outstanding. The prices are for tourists almost a laugh. I don't like overtipping and easy 5 star reviews but this small gem deserves all the credits!

2  Thank Remco d
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Don't really do reviews but such an effort was made with the food and the service, I felt I must. I visited in September and the meal was a great experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent Brazilian food made fresh with all local ingredients just up the hill from the heart of Lisbon

The food is great. The service is wonderful

A nice place to sit relax and enjoy good good food and wine after a day of exploring

The spice combinations are very interesting tasty and not your typical restaurant fair

2  Thank GeorgeDeebe
Reviewed 23 September 2016

This restaurant is just a few doors up from where we are staying, as are four other restaurants. We have now tried them all and they are all very good and this one is the best. It is tiny and comfortably charming. The chef and part-owner, Euginnie is magic in the kitchen. I had the Feijoada, which might be best described as a mixed meat stew (a description that does not do it justice). My wife had the Vaca Tolada which she said was perfect. While all that was great, it is the owners, Euginnie and Elvardo, who put the place over the top. By the time all the guests leave, they are Elvardo's newest best friend. I don't think I have ever seen a server enjoy himself so much on the job. And Euginnie is no slouch either. Because we closed the place, she was out of the kitchen enjoying conversation with us. This place is well worth a couple of visits.

2  Thank Lovetorent