“Top quality in food, service and wine advise!”
Review of AVENUE - CLOSED

AVENUE
Price range: US$49 - US$74
Cuisines: Portuguese, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant located at the most glamourous Lisbon Avenue, Avenida da Liberdade. Aside with Sofitel Hotel and Hugo Boss store. Contemporary portuguese cuisine, in modern and elegant decor, displaying a at site wine cellar, where the wine coul be selected to match with your meal, or simply appreciated at the bar.
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Just crossed the road from my hotel for a solo dinner. And I couldn't have chosen better! Super high level service and a limited - the way I like it - menu. I wanted to have a small bite and ordered a small starter and main course. They were preceded by several 'tasters' whilst the the sommelier, Brazilian Giscard Müller, gave top-notch wine advise. Being a wine expert myself, I have to say I was impressed with Giscards knowledge on Portuguese wines and his recommendations were pairing perfectly with the dishes. The food and presentation was top quality. Prices were very reasonable! A must go-to for delicate food and wine lovers! Try a glass of Carcavelos wine with your dessert (I didn't have desert) but tried this 'Port-alike' wine from the Lisbon Cascais area to finish the meal: super!

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Professional service, excellent modern Portuguese. Surprisingly quiet for a Friday lunch. Serene contemporary ambience. Would go again when next in Lisbon.

Review collected in partnership with Best Tables
1  Thank K L
Reviewed 3 June 2015

If you are looking for more than a gourmet meal - you should certainly make a reservation in this restaurant. The presentation is delicate and of exquisite good taste only surpassed by the happy combination of fresh and local flavors combined in a traditional with a twist manner. The service is very good and the decoration elegant, though not too fancy. I will be looking forward to go back and explore some more of it. I am already a fan of Chef Marlene !!!

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I'm a regular fine diner and enjoy tasting menus - this was really quite the strangest meal I've ever had. I was impressed that even the amuse bouche ran to three courses and the dessert was two courses (one fruity and one chocolatey) - I'm still not sure what some of the things I had were as some of it was a bit lost in translation. Some very unusual flavours!

Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant is superb.
We had the 45 euro tasting menu with wines 'matched' by the restaurant for 23 euros.
Service was efficient, pleasant and attentive without being intrusive.
The meal started with a pre-starter, followed by two more before the actual menu.
My wife doesn't eat meat but they substituted turbot for the pork.
I could write pages about the tastes and presentation, but it was all marvellous. We have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants that are not as good as this.
Thank you to everyone at Avenue for a memorable evening.