“NO GOOD SERVICE WHATSOEVER!”
Review of Happy@Chiado

and 1 more site!
Happy@Chiado
Ranked #115 of 262 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I did not have the delight of even trying the hotel, as I was rudely greeted by the hostess through the phone. When I booked the hotel, I emailed and asked politely if there was any possibility of checking in early morning, but I was refused and told it was not possible to check in earlier than 12, which was ok. Arriving in Lisbon, I called the hotel to hear if there was any chance of just storaging our lugage while waiting outside in the good weather for checkin, but the hostess talked to both my husband and I like we were small children with the rudest tone I have ever heard. We chose to cancel the hotel as we wanted to be respected as paying customers and not being treated as morons only for having a request that most hotels offer. I have lived in a few hotels now and NEVER been spoken to like this, but I will not take this from anyone, especially not people I am paying for a service.
To the hostess; if you don't want to be woken up in the morning, maybe you should not run anything with a customer service!!!
Would not recommened this to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This is a guest house where there are separate locked bedrooms with a common kitchen area. This owner is unusual in that she actually appears to care about your stay. She genuinely wants your stay to be perfect. The room was very clean, well designed and very comfortable to stay. We were on the 5th floor (they call it the fourth) but there was an elevator so no walking involved. The bath was also clean and newly remodeled with a multi-head shower that was very nice.
You will not go wrong here!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

A place you feel happy to wake up in and to go home to at night. Chearfull, super clean, cozy, with simple lovely details everywhere. On top of a small cinema (with non comercial movies) and a cafe thats also a bookstore. Its in CHiado, which together with the Alfama, are the best places to be in Lisbon. Bars, places to eat for every budget, design stores, and nice squares to sit and enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2016

A very clean and neat place. It is very close to metro, some nice cafes, sightseeing routes as well as great city viewpoints. There is kitchen if you want to cook and the host also is very helpful if you need some advice on places around. Wifi works well

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2016

This is my first ever review but this place was such a great find that I thought I should tell everyone! I was longing for a room to myself after sleeping in shared rooms for the past 2 weeks and booked this as a treat at the last minute. Happy at Chiado offered an en suite double room for the same price as a shared dorm in most other hostels in Lisbon. The room was a lovely surprise, more like a hotel than a hostel and exceeded all my expectations. It was really large with a super modern and clean ensuite bathroom and doors that opened onto it's own little balcony. It was such a cool and serene escape from the hot summer streets of Lisbon. The bed was very soft which I don't usually like but I slept so well! There was also a sweet little kitchen which was spotless and perfect for self catering guests. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap place to stay in Lisbon and will definitely book it again if I return.

Stayed: June 2016