“feels like home”

and 1 more site!
Happy@Chiado
Ranked #116 of 262 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2016

A place you feel happy to wake up in and to go home to at night. Chearfull, super clean, cozy, with simple lovely details everywhere. On top of a small cinema (with non comercial movies) and a cafe thats also a bookstore. Its in CHiado, which together with the Alfama, are the best places to be in Lisbon. Bars, places to eat for every budget, design stores, and nice squares to sit and enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 October 2016

A very clean and neat place. It is very close to metro, some nice cafes, sightseeing routes as well as great city viewpoints. There is kitchen if you want to cook and the host also is very helpful if you need some advice on places around. Wifi works well

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2016

This is my first ever review but this place was such a great find that I thought I should tell everyone! I was longing for a room to myself after sleeping in shared rooms for the past 2 weeks and booked this as a treat at the last minute. Happy at Chiado offered an en suite double room for the same price as a shared dorm in most other hostels in Lisbon. The room was a lovely surprise, more like a hotel than a hostel and exceeded all my expectations. It was really large with a super modern and clean ensuite bathroom and doors that opened onto it's own little balcony. It was such a cool and serene escape from the hot summer streets of Lisbon. The bed was very soft which I don't usually like but I slept so well! There was also a sweet little kitchen which was spotless and perfect for self catering guests. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap place to stay in Lisbon and will definitely book it again if I return.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 29 November 2015

We stayed here while visiting Lisbon on the recommendation of a friend. I am so glad we found this place. I had the double bed apparent on the 4 floor with a private bathroom. For the price for 3 nights it could not be beaten. WiFi was great and the place was very clean and presentable. Carlos was an excellent host and very help with advice on were to visit in the city. There is a fantastic wee cafe two doors up the street for breakie in the morning. Looking forward to a return visit already.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Netdrum
Reviewed 21 October 2015

We arrived later in the evening than we'd anticipated but, nevertheless, the really friendly and amazingly helpful owner was there waiting for us as he'd promised.

We stayed in a double room with private bathroom, which exceeded expectations - especially for the price! The bedroom was spacious and well-decorated, there is a large dressing / wardrobe area and a large, modern bathroom with a sizeable walk-in shower and toiletries provided. The mattress on the bed itself was a little soft for my liking but the owner had been kind enough to replace the twin beds with a double at our request so we have nothing to complain about.

The whole place was spotless and the WiFi worked well too. Additionally, it is well located very close to restaurants and bars, but quiet inside so you get a good night's sleep.

I would definitely stay here again and can't recommend Happy@Chiado enough!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple