US$155
US$143
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$194
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$128
US$129
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$240
Official Site
  • Room Service
US$137
US$133
US$137
US$128
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

All reviewscamoes squareexcellent locationaccommodationbalconysqueakysleepbathroomfloorelevatorkeyhostelcityapartmentstops
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The way Chiado is organized I imagined an authentic Portuguese accommodation: old building attic with a small balcony and striking city view, complicated indoors, antique furniture. Bathroom units equipped and clean, the kitchen is fully stuffed with everything one may need. Liked, liked, liked! Best regards to the staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ninkhen
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at Happy@Chiado in January for a few nights on a Lisbon break.

The guesthouse was great. The rooms were massive and amazing value for money, the bathrooms are shared, but during my stay i didn't even see another guest so felt like it was a private bathroom for me.

Location wise, i dont think you could get any better, it was smack bang in the middle of Barrio Alto, granted there was a large hike up about 4 flights of stairs, i really didnt think this was an issue at all, in fact maybe a positive as being higher up you cant hear all the crazy noise from the streets below.

The only slight negative maybe was the thin walls between my room and the next one. you could pretty much hear everything in the next room as if it was in your own room.

Overall though i would for sure recommend this guesthouse to anyone on a budget, it was clean and in a stunning location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Melb1985
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I must admit, I am torn in my review. I think my conclusion is that it depends on what you want in your stay in Lisbon. I stayed in a front room with a single twin bed. Here are my thoughts:

On the one hand, the staff was very nice, the room and bathrooms were clean, it is really close to the subway (Barrio Alto) to get to and from the airport, the location is great, and 25 euros is cheap.

However, on the other hand, the front room was noisy, noisy, noisy, Barrio Alto is crowded and dirty, the stairs after a week of traveling are killers, the single bed is really small (I am 130 lbs and 5'7" and thought I would fall out) and you can hear your neighbors talk, open their closets, and sneeze.

As for the outside noise, they told me that it calms down at about 2am (wasn't thrilled to hear that) but the truth was that it may have calmed down at 2am but then what was left were the drunks screaming in the streets! As for the noise inside, glad no one snored and I had to leave at 6am for my plane. However, sleep was not what I got there.

I stayed in Rossio when I first arrived in Portugal and when I came back, I stayed in Barrio Alto. I think I am probably better off near Rossio. It is calmer and quieter, which is more my style at age 40, and is closer to more of the attractions that I wanted to see versus the night life and chaos.

So, it depends what you want while in Lisbon. It is a great price for a clean space and you are right in the middle of the action. Staying in the back rooms might be quieter, I don't know.

PS. If you stay, the light switches for the stairs are on each landing. Don't forget to turn them on or you are in the dark. They are also timed. Also, you are carrying your luggage. No one there to help you out on the four story climb.

Room Tip: I would ask for a back room and a double bed, even if I were a solo traveler.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank traveler1202
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Amazing place for only EUR20 a night. I stayed in the huge African theme room, which had a separate lounge, tv and balcony (room 9). Friendly and helpful staff. Kitchen to make food and or coffee/tea. Great location! I'd definitely stay here again and recommended the place to all my friends. In Porto I paid EUR23 for a room per night that didn't even had a window facing outdoors, the window opened onto the staircase, so no privacy.

The shower was blocked, so need maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JanineZA
Reviewed 18 September 2012

A great little place, right in the centre of Lisbon for a fantastic price. The place is really quirky, our room was lovely, clean and light with access to free wifi. Our room also had a little balcony with views out onto the street which was great for people watching. The shared kitchen and bathrooms were also fine, well equipped and cleaned every day. The hotel is really well located, Baixa-Chiado tube station is just a two minute walk away and the Barrio Alto quarter of Lisbon is right on the door step, which during the day is quiet, but at night transforms into a busy and vibrant place packed full of restaurants, bars and quirky little shops that stay open until late. As others have mentioned the only down side of staying here are the stairs, which after a long day walking around Lisbon were a chore to climb – but that wound’s stop us from staying here again!

Room Tip: Book a room at the front of the building which looks out over the street, they're probably a bit noisier, but are great for watching all the people and trams going by below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple