“I found the best option”

Vip Executive Saldanha Hotel
Ranked #187 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Badajoz, Spain
“I found the best option”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I spent a weekend at this hotel before going to Canada.
Actually there is no negative point that can be found about this hotel.

THE STAFF: was really really awesome. They were very friendly and helped us with anything we needed. We were even given a card of the hotel so in case we get lost we could phone them and they would send us a taxi to pick us up. Actually, we didnt need it..but it was a very kind idea from them. If you read the rest of comments, you will check that everyone is completely happy with the staff.

THE ROOM: I booked a room with two separated beds (twin one). I just have to say that the room was big enough. I didnt need more space. Heating, I have read in another comment that its central and you cant turn if off. Well, I confirm that you CAN turn it off. It worked. I was keeping it on while I was out of the room and turning it off while I was in the room. I cant tell you if you can regulate the temperature because I really didnt care about that. The temperature was good with the heating off. the TV was flat, so nice. The volume was limitated in order to avoid that you set it very loud and annoy others, but it was high enough for people who like high volumes. Everything was new: beds very new and big ones, sheets..TV.. I used the paper of "please clean" in the morning and the room was cleaned, so I can just say that cleaning is also very good. The bathroom was very new, as the rest of the room, good design and no problem with the bath. The pressure of the water was good (some comment thinks is quite strong...anyway..i guess everyone has different likes). There was no noise, so no problem about sleeping well.

MEALS: I didnt eat at the hotel, so i cant say anything about it, but I can tell you that there are a lot of places near where you can eat (breakfast, lunch...). I only had breakfast near the hotel, lunch and dinner in downtown and belem since I was visiting that places and didnt want to go back to the hotel to eat.

THE PRICE: I booked the hotel using booking.com. In that moment it was cheaper than from the website of the hotel or other websites. It cost me exactly 50€ per night. A veryyy good price for this experience.

LOCATION: perfect. Its very close to the metro (Saldanha). Just 5 minutes walking. I have read in other comments that there are very good connections with the buses. I just used metro, anyway...now I know that there are also good connection with buses to downtown, belem or the airport (i would have liked to know about the bus to belem when I went)

PICTURES: no pictures are needed since you can visit the website of the hotel and rooms are exactly like pictures (they havent try to cheat showing the best rooms) or at least in my case.

CONCLUSIONS: no doubt. When you travel abroad you are always worry about getting a confortable accomodation. This is a perfect place to stay in.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank spanish85traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
san antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

The VIP Executive Saldanha is a 4 star hotel located in the financial district, so you are not right in the heart of old town but you are close to other attractions. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room is a little small but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. Also, each room has its own temperature unit and that was very welcome because it was cold outside

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We traveled to Lisbon for a 3 night/2 day stopover on our way to Egypt. In our attempt to find a good hotel to accommodate us for a few nights while in transit, I used the Trip Advisor site to help me narrow down the appropriate hotels to look through and then compare needs and rates.

I am used to staying at 4 and 5 star American hotels, so finding an appropriate high star rating in Europe (which can be different than North American properties) was important to me... especially because high end hotels generally have better "beds" and "showers", which is high on my list when traveling. The prices to get these types of hotels in Europe can be extremely high though, so I was happily relieved when we found the VIP Executive Saldanha Hotel. It was an excellent price at just under $60 per night (low/off season) and rated extremely well by Trip Advisor fellow travelers.

I would not say this is a 5 star hotel... but as a boutique type hotel rated at a Euro 4 star... it was an excellent choice for us and the property held its own in most cases. I would compare to a boutique style Courtyard Marriott. Cute build out... beds were fairly comfortable. Rooms were decent in size for European type hotel comparisons (they usually run very small in Europe), but for those new comers from the US or Canada, they might initially feel a little small. (or at least the rooms we had were… I booked 2 rooms for 4 of us traveling) However, not a big deal if you generally just sleep in your room.

The positives: Comfortable beds, very clean, on a quiet street, good location, not far from hop on-hop off sightseeing bus stops and three shopping centers nearby. There is a good food court in the main shopping center across the street for budget travelers and a few nicer restaurants within a short walking distance. Hotel staff speaks good English and each one we encountered was always very helpful when we had questions for restaurants, grocery, banks etc...

The not-so-positive: The bathroom shower drove me a little crazy… though it didn’t seem to affect the other friends in my party, so this is just a personal choice. Again – this may have been due to the room we had, but the “powerful” shower head (which I would normally love) was in such a place that you could not let it sit in the shower stand while washing… water jetted out all over the place because of its strength (which could not be adjusted) and even the shower curtain wouldn’t help keep in the water. It made washing my hair very difficult. “Ok” for a short stay… not ok if I was there for a lengthier time.

Overall, the shower was the only draw back and I would recommend the hotel, the staff and location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TamKatzin
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel in December 2011. It is clean and safe and has everything you need. It is located 5 minutes from metro and aerobus (bus that takes you to/from airport). It has a shopping mall right in front of it, which has a food court. There is a great Indian restaurant 5 minutes away. Its not in the downtown area but that is what the metro is for its a short ride just a couple of stops. You can also walk to another metro station that will connect you to the trams. The only downside was that they did not have a business center, though there was free wi-fi in the room. Also the hotel is quite small only 5 floors and the corridor and rooms were a bit small. But overall great choice to stay while in Lisbon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dimple958
MOURA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip. Huge room with two single beds. The bathroom was also very cosy. It had a bath and a shower. Would stay there anytime if I get another special.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo