“Centrally located hotel worth of your attention”

VIP Executive Marques Aparthotel
Ranked #204 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I have been for 5 days/4 nights to this hotel. Everything exceeded my expectation from the arrival at reception to the checking-up from the hotel.
The hotel itself and furniture in my room were not new, but I did not see this as minus. My room and bathroom were spacious,quiet and clean and had a view on side street. According to words of my tourist guide, water from bathroom was drinkable, and I drank this water when I was in the room, and I had not any problem with health. The accommodation was really nice, beds were comfortable. The room itself was composed of: bedroom, sitting and kitchen sections. Also, I experienced one of the best house keeping service I had so far. The room and bathroom were absolutely clean whenever I returned to the room.
The hotel staff were helpful, informative, kind, particularly the reception staff. I really felt as very valued guest.
I had good buffet breakfasts that included variety of food, drink. pastries, fruit. There was something for everybody's taste.
The hotel is 100-150 meters away from Marques Square, the same-named metro stop, the amazing park, tourist buses stop. It is close to food and wine shops, coffee-houses, restaurants. Also, I notices two sexy-shops in the street where the hotel located, but area around the hotel is safe, quiet, without problems. Although,metro stop was near, I did not use it. I enjoyed walking with my friends,and we used to take a walk to Rossio square. It was extremely pleasing walking experience. My recommendation for tourists: use combination of: walking, tourist buses and rarely taxi service. Let me mention some taxi prices: distance Square Rossio - the hotel is 6 EUR, Ocenarium - the hotel is 12 EUR.
Overall excellent service of the hotel accompanied with amazing sight-seeing in this fabulous city made my stay more beautiful.
If you are looking for a hotel with remarkable service and good ratio between what you pay and what you get for it, relatively close to downtown with possibilities to take the pleasant walks to many important points of the city at any time, then take into consideration this hotel. No matter what reason of your travel is: sight-seeing, business or something else, I would recommend you this hotel. And, have an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Take a room with a view on back or side street, because they are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anesa S

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We visited Lisbon for New Year, and stayed at VIP Executive for five nights. It is a nice location since it is five minutes walk from Marques Pombal Square, 20 minutes walk to Praça do Comércio and central city streets with shops, restaurants etc. Also, posh shopping street with stores like Prada, Cartier, Versace etc. is nearby. Bus stop is literally in front of the hotel.

Staff is always smiled, really polite and reasonably fast, they can help you with cab, guided city tours, suggest restaurants, coffe shops. On the reception you could also reserve massage for around 20 to 50 euros for half an hour. It is an OK price since you are in Europe, but we haven't tried it.

Breakfast in hotel restaurant is nice, with fresh pastry and fruit, with various types of meat products, cereals, milk, yoghurt, coffee, tea.. There is only one type of cheese, but it is OK. I guess there could be some more vegetable dishes, and also, for five days, breakfast was always the same. So, if you like diversity, you won't be satisfied.

There is also hotel bar/restaurant with pizza and soups, that are great by the way. Prices are relatively cheap, and quality is OK. Food can be delivered to your room, and room service is really fast.

Rooms are big, and heating is easy to set-up and it works really good. Also, windows are huge, and if you need fresh air you can get it whenever you want. Beds are comfortable, but linen is really old and they should do something about it. Cleanliness is excellent, but outdated fabric on furniture and worn out linen really show this hotel is in need of renovation.

For us, biggest disappointment was actually when we came. We traveled for 11 hours, and came to hotel around 11 P.M. (23h). They told us that there would be bottled water in the room, but when we entered the room there wasn't any. To be precise, little bar fridge is in the room but was totally empty, and stayed like that for the rest of our stay. We literally didn't have anything to drink, and on the reception they have told us that bar is closed and that we cannot buy water in hotel ?! We went out, in the middle of the night and wondered for about 15 minutes into some restaurant that was closing. We asked them for some water and they sold us two bottles.

All in all this an average city-scape hotel, but being unable to buy water or any other drink in hotel after 23h makes no sense at all. Everything else was fine, but we couldn't forget that first night when we were forced to go outside after 11 hour trip to search for water.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I have to say the hotel has potential. We got a very nice and spacious room with amenities like kitchen, sofa-bed, cable tv etc. However, it urgently needs renovation as furnitures, carpets, everything looks old and degraded. Location is also good. Despite the fact it stays in a hill it is very close to Praça Marques de Pombal and walking distance to two subway stations.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed in double room for 4 nights. Staff is really friendly and helpful, hotel is exceptionally clean, smells good. Rooms are spacious, enough towels provided, beds not the most comfortable, but fine.
Furniture needs some refurbishing and renewing, I am sure this will be done in some time.
We used the sauna too, which was clean, however, as all the saunas takes time to heat - so dont come at 8pm expecting to stay there for an hour as it takes 30min and more to properly heat it.
We were a bit upset the swimming pool was locked, as we understood - its not the season for it, but it would have been so good after sauna!
First night the rooms were a bit cold as there was no heating, but staff asured us that heating will be turned on the next day, gave us blankets and kept their promise as next day it was already on.
Breakfast was a bit poor considering there was just a little hot food.
I am satisfied, however, the hotel still has where to improve, so i give 4/5 stars.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Enrika2015
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in serious need of refurbishment. But more than that it is filthy. There were stains allover the carpet in our room. Dirt and dust on curtains. Ripped carpet and dirt under the sofa. Broken drawers and fridge door. Stained tiles....Really the worst place I ever stayed. Only redeeming feature the rooms are big.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends