US$179
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$170
US$151
US$201
US$178
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
  • Room Service
US$159
US$177
US$164
Ibis Lisboa Saldanha(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarket hallcais do sodreguest housefood marketgreat tipslocation was perfectten minute walkpublic transportperfect stayfresh orange juicefourth floorstayed longerbreakfast roomnight lifepastriesbars and restaurantsmetro station
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The location is great and the area will certainly look great once they finish paving part of the street. Don't be turned off by the entrance and the homeless people outside. hey won't bother you and it is safe. Once you enter the guesthouse, everything is tastefully decorated and the rooms feature azulejos all around the room.

The hosts and the whole team are extremely helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is amazing!

If you are a light sleeper, it may not be the right guesthouse for you as it tends to be noisy, specially on weekends. That said, all the rooms have double pained.

Try it...you'll love it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurentCL2
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The rooms were cute. My husband and I had a very small room that looked out to a brick wall. We thought that our friends got the better deal as they had a street view and a much bigger room. As it turned out though, we were the lucky ones as our room was quiet and we were able to sleep. Our friends were awake all night because of the partying (and this was only a thursday night) in the street down below. They partied until 7:00am. The staff were good, the food was good. The place was clean. The bed was fine. I wouldn't go back, but it was okay.

Room Tip: Definitely insist on a room facing away from the street if you want to get any sleep at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank shmookey
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed at Ribeira for three nights and love it! Ribeira Tejo is a 15-room guesthouse in Cais do Sodre neighborhood, which gives you access to metro, bus, trams and train to Cascais. The streets may look dark and shady, but I had no issues when I was there. The room is nicely decorated with stylish furniture. You can tell the room is very new and well maintained. I had the room on the 3rd floor. The room is clean and spacious, and comes with free wifi.

I'm very impressed with the hospitality of the staff team. I arrived around 11.30 pm, but I was happy that someone was waiting for me on the fifth floor (you just need to ring the bell). For a small guesthouse, you'll never know what's going to happen. Make sure you tell the staff what time you plan to arrive. Upon arrival, I received a welcome package (maps with local recommendations, attractions and bus/tram lines). It's nothing fancy but it's full of very useful information. All the staff at breakfast were very nice. They'll serve you coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. Local crepes and pastries are just delicious. I really look forward to walking upstairs to eat my breakfast every morning.

Lastly, I would have given Ribeira Tejo five stars if they can deal with the noise issues. The guesthouse is located next to a local restaurant which opens quite late. At night you can hear some noises from people throwing trash with empty bottles in the garbage. The apartments have wooden floor. You may hear people outside of your room walking the stairs to get breakfast in the morning.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would come back if I were in Lisbon again. For the price I paid, I think it's a great value for money. Obrigado Ribeira Tejo!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SaranR
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here when it just opened and had a very enjoyable stay. We found the hospitality to be great for such a smaller type hotel / B&B with reception taking plenty of time to explain the area and provide additional information. We found the recommendations on restaurants great and thought the value for money was exceptional. I would recommend this for anyone coming to Lisbon.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2011

It is a beautiful, homely, and lovely place. Very cute, quiet, and clean rooms with vintage decoration, even on the corridors. The hosts are very very kind people, we really loved them, they know the city very well and give you good tips for tourism. The hotel is well located, everything is near. You can find the bus stop, Aerobus stop, the subway, the Bico elevator (please, try it), the tram, and the ferry (please, try it too) just crossing the street. Breakfasts are delicious. I totally recommend it to you. Near the hotel, two corners waking from the hotel, there is a traditional portuguese restaurant called Rio Grande: go there for dinner. And go to Sintra!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple