New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

We Hate Tourism Tours
Ranked #4 of 70 Food & Drink in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take A Trip With Us. Really make the most of your visit to Lisbon with We Hate Tourism Tours Menu! WHTT takes you everywhere worth visiting in and around the Portuguese Capital: Sintra, Belem, Cascais, Cabo da Roca, Setubal, Sesimbra, Arrabida Natural Park, Jesus(Cristo Rei) and the 7 Hills of Lisboa. WHTT`s locals show you their favourite places through their eyes. Always different and always fun. You`ll never want to be a tourist again!
Aberdeen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bruno is a legend in my family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

My son recommended this tour to me as I was holidaying with my sister and her husband. I have a place a short train ride from Lisbon and Bruno met us at the train station in his old army jeep. We were going on the King of the hills tour. We picked up another couple in Rossio. Bruno is not only very kind and considerate he is also an amazing ambassador for Lisbon. He clearly loves the place. His driving is about as much fun as you can have outdoors in daylight, and he took so much time with us to make sure we had the best he could offer. We finished off at a small hole in the wall taverna where Bruno bought us a ginja, he also bought a bottle to give to Paul, one of the party whose birthday it was that day - a gift. He's a legend in my family -- we still speak about him whenever Lisbon comes up. Will take another tour next time!

Visited April 2011

• Hebrew first
Steamboat Springs, CO
“Wish I had time for a second tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I went for a tour with my girlfriend and had a blast all day long. We did the main city tour which I think was called “Four Hills.” Bruno, the company owner, was our tour guide and it was great. He was fun but also very knowledgeable and insightful into the Portuguese culture. The tour group was small so it was personable and attention was given to all. I wish we would have made time for another one of his tours. Well worth it!

Visited September 2011
Madrid, Spain
“INCREDIBLE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

With no doubt in my mind, I can say that my day with WHTT was one of the best I've ever had! The tour came highly recommended from many friends who had been to Lisbon before, and following their advice led to the day trip of a lifetime. If the breathtaking views, the delicious pastries, and beautiful scenery of Lisbon weren't enough, the tour guides (Ricardo, Bruno, and Marta!) were fabulous. I truly believe that I wouldn't have have fallen in love with Lisbon like I did had WHTT not showed the city to me. Without their guidance, I would left without seeing Lisbon's greatest treasures and without making great new friends. Thank you, WHTT, for a truly INCREDIBLE day. I'll be back someday.

Visited January 2012
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

CHOOSE WHTT! You will never regret it! They really know their stuff about Lisboa and took us to the most amazing places that are true hidden gems. It's easy to see that they have a genuine love for their "terra" and enjoy introducing the Portuguese culture to foreigners who have no idea of its charm! Sis and I did the Sintra, Quinta da reg, Cabo, and Cascais trip with Marta (she was great, and is so knowledgable of so many things about Lisboa and Portugal. Very easy to talk to, not to mention she drives like a typical European so it made the experience even more authentic ;). The tour was truly amazing and an experience we both will never forget!! We loved the tour so much that we did king of the hills the following day with Ricardo. He was so passionate about The streets of Lisboa. What made this tour so different from anything else was that he drove us around in this refurbished jeep (not to mention his driving skills were that of a portuguese crazy person...and we loved it) the jeep was without doors and fully equipped with the famous "oh-shi*" seat. He took us to a streetside marketplace, a ginjinha bar, parque de estrela and many more places. Thanks Ricardo, hope to do it again !

My sister and I had an awesome time and kudos to the WHTT staff for keeping it real. We will be back soon to Lisboa, and DEFINITELY will be booking another tour with the cool kids of WHTT. Thanks guys!!

USA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“We hate reliability?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Reserved and confirmed my reservation before leaving for Portugal. A short trip so schedule was tight. I signed up for the Cascais daytrip. After nine pm the night of the tour i get a call in my hoteltelling me the Tour was cancelled.
Woke up early next morning and found myself another company for the same itinerary.
Who do we see at Cascais but a we hate tourism group. So I guess they must have found a better option than catering to me (single traveller).
On the positive side the other company's tour was fantastic.

14 Thank Smartflyer
Ricardo_WHTT, Manager at We Hate Tourism Tours, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Olá smartflyer, first of all we would like to apologize for anything we might have done wrong and led to this review, it's our responsability to always try to make the stay of everybody in Lisboa the best possible.
In fact, we had to cancel the second van on that day because it had an electrical problem and so could not be used for the day-trip, even tough we process a tight maintenance in all of our vehicules sometimes unexpected things happen and we need to deal with them the best way possible, obviously we did not cancel your tour for being a solo traveler, in fact we are proud to say we always did, we do and always will do the opposite, even if it is one person only we always do the tours and many travellers can back me up in this. :) Like we said that time, we put at your disposal any trip with us you want to take next time you are in Lisboa, it would be a pleasure to take you in for a trip with us and prove you that what I say here is 100% true and honestly said.
Nevertheless, when things don't go perfect, it's our responsabilty to accept the facts and we can only apologize again for that and expect your arrival and news so we can put a smile in your face at the end of the tour.
Our kind regards