“Imposing - very honoured - What a grand Manor House!!!”
Review of Domus Pacis

Domus Pacis
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Fatima
Reviewed 5 June 2017

My Sons could not believe when the Card arrived earlier than me!! They wrote back.... Soooooo big!!! Amazing the architechture, the imposing view of the Property. I have been to Fatima 10 times and never saw this hotel though I even stayed at the consolata hotel a neighbour hotel. Yes am proud to have been there!
First the Building is impressive, the internal decor and area photos (some area) of Fatima since 1922!! There is history in this House
I was very happy here as a Pilgrimage.

The Poor kitchy furniture and bathroom amenities like showers ..are blinded by the impossing house, space and all.
I wonder if there was any good old classy furniture that could fit this house bfrom some brockhouse :-)... all Looks old, kitch, cheap and but I can imagine it is expensive to Keep such a large house running. Seems there was some renovations in the last years. Rooms have no dusty carpets but has heavy drappery curtains I suppose due to hot weather since they do not have venetian blinds.

The outside compound especially the parking lot looked rundown so is the backside of the house. So only the face was picturesque

The in-house chapel. Waaaow! I went there every morning and evening. How peaceful. I was so happy.

The breakfasts is pretty simple but enough in quantity (buffet) and choice, afterall it is for pilgrims.

They use the old wollen blankets!
There was AC in my room but am not sure it was working well. My otherfriend just opened the Windows all the time.

Oh yes, my pilgrims will use this house in future and try to request quieter rooms.
However the walls on my 2nd wing.... must have been made of Paper! I heard my neighbours, so I run the TV all the time so that I could feel no one can hear me!

Room Tip: Not rooms facing parking area! The Hotel drops bottles from bar on 2nd floor down to a bottle collec...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Everything was perfect during our stay at the hotel.
The location was superb - walk in distance to Fatima sanctuary. Quiet and safe location.
The staff and breakfast were superb!
The room was big enough for two people and super clean.
I'll definitely return someday.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jsaikaly
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I have been to Fatima many times and always had a secret wish to stay at this hotel, but it was always fully booked.
This time I went in the winter time.
If you are even playing with the thought of taking this hotel, BOOK IT.
-- big room
-- very quiet
-- fast, free wifi in the room and everywhere else
-- cleaning ladies are extremely conscientious
-- fantastic breakfast (not hot, but plenty of choice: cheese, cold cuts, boiled eggs, mult. bread choices, excellent coffee) (Pay the extra at time of booking)
-- a big library to sit in; very eclectic selection of books to read
-- two huge chapels: one Latin, one Byzantine. Pray to your heart's content (but bring extra sweaters in winter)
-- extremely friendly staff willing to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. (No, I'm not related. :-) )

It 's a 10 min walk to the shrine, so keep that in mind if it's raining. Also, no coffee shop around the corner. You have to think ahead and plan where you're going to buy your snacks to bring them back to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank c4c4c4
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Before discussing accommodations, let's talk about the staff. I was part of a pilgrimage group. Coming from Lourdes to Fatima one of our pilgrims became seriously ill. Our tour guide called the hotel, who arranged for us to see a doctor immediately upon arrival. We ended up having an emergency appendectomy at hospital some distance away. Staff made sure visitors had rides back and forth, plus special meals to take along. Every staff member could be a host. The artwork was gorgeous and they had TWO chapels. The rooms were quite comfortable and it was a convenient locations.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but I like being by the chapel.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We had a great and pleasant stay in is hotel. The staff went above and beyond to help us in any way possible. The location couldn't be better. It was quiet and very relaxing. Great food in the restaurant. The opening hours of the restaurant could be more flexible, but they are in line with all other restaurants in town. Definitely highly recommended place to stay in Fatima.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple