All reviews sea view train station top floor great position scrambled eggs central lisbon star hotel yogurt balcony promenade
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

It was supposed to be a 3* Hotel...
The location is nice, close to the beach (5 min walk) and with an ocean view... if you’re so lucky with your room.
My room was closest to a broom closet as it was very small with a tiny window looking the back alley. The closet doors didn’t fully open because one of the two tiny beds was in the way. There was barely space to walk in the room and the bathroom was quite small as well. The bed was small and uncomfortable.
The breakfast room has an excellent view to the sea but there isn’t much variety of food despite the hotel being full o guests.
Close to the Estoril Congress Centre (about 5 mim walk) which was nice for me since I travelled on business.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 551andr_b
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stayed here with my partner for 5 nights back in March, Ok I know it was a while ago but better late than never....
First impressions from the outside were a nice looking hotel in a great spot on what was quite a busy road.
Inside, the reception area was clean and made a nice first impression. We received our keys and found ourselves on the 5th floor which had fantastic views out to sea and of Cascais in the distance.
Again we were pleased with the room it was clean and tidy and we both agreed great value for money.
The bed was on the firm side and the pillows a little flat but there were spare in the wardrobe. After a nights sleep we ventured down for our inluded breakfast.
This was the only minor grumble we had..... you could chose from sliced bread, rolls, croissants, cold meats and cheeses, cereals, fruit, tea and coffee... there was an attempt at a cooked breakfats but we didn't enjoy it....scrambled egg, small hot dog sausages and beans...that was it..... So not quite what we'd hoped for..... Sunday we had a treat of streaky bacon.
Theres not much in the hotel, a small quiet bar that didn't have much in the way of atmosphere (Although the barman was really pleasent) a pool that was closed for the winter and thats pretty much it...But then we werent there to stay in the hotel.. so was never a problem for us. A train station just 5 minutes walk takes you to central Lisbon and Cascais which was perfect.
I have to agree with other comments that the hotel was abit dated, but never felt unclean...
As a side note there was a chinese restaurant right next door which was very good and worth a visit while you're there...and 10 minutes walk brings you to the most amazing casino worthy of Las Vegas...

Room Tip: The views are at the front and top of the hotel, The floor we had never offered a balcony which were only the floors below...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Very old fashioned hotel. Rooms were very small with cramped bathrooms. Pool was horrible, dirty, small and next to a very noisy traffic junction. Breakfast was quite good and plentiful with a fabulous panoramic view. Staff were pleasant though and cleaning of rooms was thorough.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This must have been a grand old hotel. Close to the casino, amazing views from great balconies, a breakfast room looking down the coast... But then things unravel. The room was basically falling apart at the seams, with stains on the walls, cracks everywhere, hardly any electrical plugs, and the toilet stopped working. The last problem was the worst and indicative of how poorly managed and refurbished the place is. We called down around 9-10pm to get assistance for the toilet. The person at the desk said no one was available, but they'd send someone in the morning. The inner parts had come apart and it would not flush! What if it had been leaking? Would they let water flood the room below all night?!? I called back once I collected my thoughts to complain that was impossible, and he said 'Fine, come down and get another room key'. He expected us to walk across the hall whenever we needed the toilet. Or change to an inferior room with separate beds in the middle of our stay, without even eye contact or an apology. I ended up taking the toilet apart and tried to fix it myself so we could get through the night. Terrible! It is clear the hotel is not even being looked at by Sana -- the information on the door still had the old hotel name! After the trip I wrote and gave the management a chance -- and they only replied that they hoped my stay did not ruin my opinion of the city!!! That is shocking and suggests that perhaps all Sana hotels should be avoided if that is how they are run. It is too bad as it is a great location and has wonderful views.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Staff/Service: friendly. No fine touches but nice to speak with.
Rooms: very basic, and the beds were the hardest beds I've ever slept in. Left me with shoulder and back pain. Friends stayed there and booked double rooms but were given twin rooms. Some of which couldn't be put together due to room layout.
Overall: solid 3 star with pool, serving as a decent base for a stay in estoril. Good location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple