“Tasty Portuguese dishes”
Review of Refugio da Roca

Refugio da Roca
Reserve with
Refugio da Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Colares
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

A restaurant may seem like a tourist, but it offers quality and delicious food across a range of Portuguese dishes - meat, fish, seafood, and desserts. Good wine, delicious coffee. Serving and interior match the content. Prices are above average, but it's worth it

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I wanna tell you the all story. We were in Sintra, visiting all day, and we programmed to go to Cabo de Roca to see the sunset (of course). Timeline was like 20:40 but we were so worried to miss it that we arrive there at 19. You cannot imagine how amazing the sunset was, it was pink and red like if it was painted. We were so happy, full of joy after this that we arrived at the restaurant fully hyped. The menu was unbelievable, we wanted everything, and we did. I took a fish soup and a shrimp salad as starters, along with a first bottle of green wine. Then I took the octopus and the lapa in sauce besciamella and tomato. It was unbelievable it tasted like a fish lasagna. Everything that we tasted in the all dinner was amazing and, after a second bottle of green wine, the bill wasn't that expensive. For the others it was between 25/30 euros, for me was 40. In Milan I would have spent at list double of it. The staff was very serious and competent, but never gave us a smile or a joy, that was too bad. I will eat here every single time I'll pass over there.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We made prior reservation based upon the recommendations in this platform. Reception was uninterested and that stayed whole evening. In total the waiter exchanged 5 words with us.... for that, nobody of the service laughed or smiled ones, also not around us. The food was ok but nothing special and served without 'passion' or explanations. Too expensive for what was offered, not in balance. Would not rate this restaurant so high as the ones before us.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Authentic place. You are feeling Portugal and its gastronomic delights. Very good interior. Tasty food. You can see how cook meat on the grill. You should try seafood, meat.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I am currently in Portugal and visited this wonderful restaurant today while on a tour of the area. Our tour guide highly recommended this place, and he was so right! I started with the small mixed salad with peppers. This was actually fairly large for a starter salad and contained lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, red onion and roasted sliced green peppers in a light vinegarette.
One of the specialties of the house is the squid served in a tile. The squid was some of the freshest and tastiest I have ever enjoyed. The fishermen in this area specialize in catching octopus. This was served au gratin and was accompanied by white rice.
I had a glass of the house white wine and a bottle of sparkling water.
The bill came to 23 Euros and change which was fairly inexpensive considering the quality of the food and the excellent service.
If you are visiting the Cabo da Roca area, this restaurant is a must.