US$383
US$188
US$163
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

US$352
US$216
US$204
US$271
Priceline
All reviewsbed suitefamily suitevoyage privenearest townhydrotherapy poolshuttle serviceshuttle buspool areawashing up liquidfully equipped kitchensmall problemseparate bedroombeautiful bathroombreakfast servicelarge gardenbeautiful resortself catering
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I booked a week here for my family (couple plus 2 kids - 5 & 7) for a week in August and we got a very good deal at the last minute. 1 bed suite including full breakfast for the four of us for 169€ a night.

The suite itself was great. Very spacious with an almost full kitchen. Two flat screens and very comfortable beds. You could easily prepare simple meals and there was a ridiculous amount of crockery and a dishwasher. Very impresed with the standard of of the fittings and it was perfectly spacious for a family of four.

The hotel itself is actually only a small part of a larger condominium complex. Many of the apartments in the condo complex (which are not part of the hotel but share the pool) seemed to be unoccupied so it gave a slightly deserted feel. The pool area was great. Huge pool with lots of loungers surrounded by trees so you could really have privacy and peace. The kids loved the pool and there was plenty of space for them to explore the grounds in safety. The two attendants at the pool bar were really charming and friendly.

The only catch - total lack of service in the hotel itself. When we arrived on our first evening, we noticed that although there were two bottles of wine in the room which could be purchased, there were no wine glasses. This seemed strange given that it was otherwise so well equipped. I called reception and asked for two glasses to be delivered. After twenty minutes I called again. After another ten minutes they phoned me and asked me to walk to the bar to pick them up.

The breakfast service is very good and it is nice to sit in the gardens and take the food from the extensive buffet. But at lunch time and in the evenings they are running a skeleton staff and a basic menu. Service was terrible and I would not recommend that you eat here at all. There is no real bar area (only some sofas in the reception area and no real service). For this reason you need to be clear about what Vivamarinha is. It is not a full service 5 star hotel. It is an excellent and comfortable quality aparthotel with a great pool area which would be ideal for self-catering and for families. If you want a resort where you don't need to venture far then it would be a bad choice.

Car rental would be best but given the low cost of taxis in Cascais, not totally essential. There are many good seafood restaurants on the Guincho beach road close by (6 euros in a taxi) and lots of choice in Cascais itself (again 6 or 7 euros by taxi). There are plenty of options. There is a small supermarket in the Villa Bicuda complex close to Vivamarinha where you can pick up the essentials if you wanted to eat in the suite.

Would I stay here again? I absolutely would if I got another good rate and I wanted to use it as a relaxing base to visit Cascais, Sintra and Lisbon. I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Skotti56
Reviewed 1 November 2010

great stay at this lovely hotel .... we got a good deal which made the stay even better ,,,, superb service ...everyone was very helpful .... lovely room ... very comfortable ... cant wait to go back !

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Went to this 'hotel' based on Trip Advisor revues and were not disappointed. The one bedroom suites were great, modern, large and very comfortable.

The ApartHotel is 5 star and has a great pool and spar, with good staff. Do not expect 5 star service in other areas such as food. Only one restaurant which serves breakfast and light lunches and dinner. Only OK quality but not expensive, apart from breakfast at 15 euros!

The staff were great, and even changed our suite to one with more sun in the morning.

Do expect a range of guests as the hotel serves a number of markets, business travel, leisure and a has a conference centre.

However even when there was one very large conference on for the first 3 days will where there, the hotel felt very quite in-spite of being full.

It seems good value if you can get a deal, the rack rate for a one bedroom suite (apartment) is over 450 euros per night, but we paid by booking via their web 175 euros per night!

So a great venue may which needs to define its offer a little more clearly, is it a hotel with suites and only one restaurant or apartments offering hotel like service in many areas?

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RGBCMYK
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I just stayed here for 4 nights and first impressions were very good. After 16 hours of travel from Atlanta I was looking for a nice clean room and a comfortable bed and was not disappointed. We had booked a family suite and what a very nice room it was. 2 very good sized rooms, 1 witha huge king size and the other with 2 singles. A very nice kitchen and also a very nice family room, all very tastefully furnished in a very modern, contemporary style. There were 2 very nice bathrooms with everything you would expect. A very comfortable night was had. As I didn't have breakfast included in my package I decided not to buy the 15e per person breakfast and headed into Cascais for coffee and pastries. I don't know if they offered an a la carte menu, but wasn't prepared to pay $60 for 3 of us. Although I have no real complaint about the hotel, I would have thought this was more a 4* than a 5*. There was a very good spa on site, but no golf, tennis or any other activities on site. A lot of the surrounding hotels had all these things. yes, the room rate was very reasonable and value for money, so no reason to complain. The hotel was about 5 minutes drive from the town of Cascais where there are many good and reasonably priced restaurants. Taxi's are plentiful for those who don't want to drive. This hotel is really aimed at families and apart from the pool area the hotel was very quite and peaceful.
Overall a good experience and the lack of sporting facilities certainly wouldn't put me off from staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Our family of 2 adults and 3 children (baby,3yr old,and 10yr old) just came back from a wonderful 10-day stay at the Viva Marinha resort in Cascais.

We stayed 4 nights in room 35 (suite: 190euros/night) then 5 nights in room 50 (two bedroom family suite:350euros/night)...both were in the same wing on the ground floor. The suite was spacious(~75square meters) with a living room,kitchen (fridge,dishwasher,microwave,oven,etc.),and a separate bedroom with bathroom. The decor was tasteful and luxurious.

The 2 bedroom family suite was really something: huge (150 square meters)! The kitchen was really spacious with even a washing machine. There were 2 full bathrooms,a walk-in closet,a large living room,a dining room,and 2 separate bedrooms.

We had an issue with noisy upstairs neighbors on the 1st night in the family suite though. I would say that the suites are not really sound-proofed. You can hear people in the hallway and your upstairs neighbors easily: kids yelling,jumping,etc.

The staff at the resort was helpful and service-oriented. Most hotels forget to put a baby cot in our room before we arrive even if we ask them. At the Viva Marinha,everything was ready and nothing was too much to ask.

The pool area of the resort was lovely and clean although the water was really cold. They provide towels for hotel guests.There's a small snack bar near the pool where you can buy ice cream,drinks,and eat simple dishes(sandwiches,salads).

The food served at the hotel restaurant was good and of high quality. We had their breakfast buffet a few times and dinner once. The service was really slow when we had dinner there although we arrived very early (6PM) and were the only ones to order food.

We rented a car via the hotel so we could discover Sintra,Lisbon,the coastline,etc.I do suggest having a car while staying at this resort. There are lots of restaurants in Cascais,fast-food places,malls,supermarkets,etc. We had a great time discovering the Estoril-Cascais coast.

This resort if mainly catered to families so do expect to see lots of children everywhere.We had such a lovely time that we're already planning a return trip there in a few months.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family