1,191 results
All reviewssea viewpool areagood sizeminute walkroom safetown centresmall kitchenettegolf tripbeautiful parkbuffet breakfasttop floorlovely hotelpool towelsstayed here for nightsper dayboca do infernoreception staff
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Vila gale was a little pricey for the accommodation and service. The room was a little dark and smelt a bit fusty.

It was a nice 15 min walk to town but not much around the actual hotel such as restaurants and mini marts. There was a lot of children around the pool, so if you are looking for something relaxing this is properly not the place for you.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This is a standard middle-of-the-road resort hotel that aims for the familiy market. It is situated some 10 minutes walk from Cascais; it has a pool area; a restaurant and a bar - nothing of which is too impressive. Rooms are good sized, but beds not very comfortable. Each room has a porch, but the chairs were plastic and again, rather uncomfortable. Service is OK. You will probably not be disappointed if you visit this hotel, but I left rather unimpressed. I stayed for 4 night s and paid some 115 euros a night.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
VilaGaleHotels, General Manager at Vila Gale Cascais, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Vila Galé Cascais Hotel for your stay and we hope we have the honour of hosting you again in a near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Something serious is wrong here. The rooms are a good size but not clean. There is no way I would have a bath in the tub! The kitchenette was poorly appointed and plates and cutlery had been put back in cupboards without being washed. They charge €2.50 a day for use of the safe! There is no complementary water, no kettle, no iron and no bottle opener... No minibar... It seems a previous guest had used one of the forks for this purpose and you can guess the result. I was informed by the outside bar staff, which is not by the pool, that they couldn't charge a drink to my room as a credit card had not been registered at reception. So why had this not been mentioned when I checked in? The Internet connection is unreliable and frequently drops out as does the Internet access on the computers in the foyer.. The hotel uses a concierge app - B Guest. But of course this requires Internet access! There is often a long queue at the reception guest as they are understaffed and there is no access to staff for a quick question past the Line of new guests waiting to check in and out! Go somewhere else...

Stayed: July 2016
2  Thank Rstar14

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We regret that the stay with us did not fulfil your expectations and we apologise for the inconvenience.
We strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests and we are concerned when we don’t achieve it.
We have taken note of your comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Vila Galé Cascais on your next trip to Portugal.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Stayed for a week on an RCI exchange. Although I did not luck into an ocean view room I was quite pleased overall. I did have a balcony which was a nice asset. It took no time to get used to the roosters who are rather vocal ! Loved all of the nearby walks..along the sea front & into town. The nearby park is a fun shortcut into town. It's also quite relaxing to meander through. Staff at the hotel were always most helpful. I would definately stay again. It was an easy train ride back & forth the Lisbon.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank crb7

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all of your comments about our hotel. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, thank you for all the good critcs.
I would like to thank you on behalf of all our staff for your nice comments. We try to do our best every day, and exceed the expectations of every guest.
We look forward to welcome you back at Vila Galé Cascais on your next trip to Portugal.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I was here for a week and I really loved the hotel . My room had the ocean view and the swimming pool . The staffs are very cooperative , Ambience, breakfast , rooms everything was good . I would definitely go back .

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
VilaGaleHotels, General Manager at Vila Gale Cascais, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all of your comments about our hotel. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Kind Regards,