“A quite moment”

John Bull Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 587 Restaurants in Cascais
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ate on the terrace in April 2011 and it was delicious. We shared a seafood rice (25euros) which we were told would feed two people. It was fantastic and easily the best paella we ate on our trip and would feed three people especially if you have bread and a starter. This was the best meal we had during our 3 weeks in Spain and Portugal. One of our party spilt a little sauce on her top and the waiter came to her aid immediately with a spray to fix her blouse. Fantastic service, setting, price. Wish I could eat there again.
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I sat to eat just as one large party was leaving and before the later diners sat for food. Staff where polite and spoke English. I wasn't hurried and allowed to check through the menu slowly.
I chose fish soup and Sardines for my meal. The soup was delicious, with chunks of fish. The sardines where grilled but had not been fully cleaned. this didn't bother me but may find it off putting. To end my meal i chose a cheese I hadn't seen before, Azeitao. It should be highlighted. this was a wonderful cheese.
My experience here was good.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Came here twice for lunch as my husband loved their grilled chicken, home-made chips and salad. The chicken is not 'piri-piri', just grilled with hot sauce served in a bottle if you want it.
Sardines were also nice (4 for about 7e) and also served with home-made chips and a decent salad.
We walked past on several evenings and it was very busy so not sure what the service would be like at this time.
Staff seem very pushy to get you in but once you are in, they are very courteous and efficient.
Soft drinks are served automatically with a generous amount of ice - which was extremely welcome and seemed to be a rarity in this area.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The staff are friendly and work very hard but at busy times we found we had to wait for drinks as they rushed around d trying to service other tables. I wouldn't usually mention it but the fish was exceptionally salty and I needed a drink. Food was good for two of us but sadly the codfish a disappointment for the other two. Maybe I am doing it an injustice and it is supposed to be that way but we won't be ordering it again.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This is about our third visit here. We sat outside at the rear under an umbrella. I ordered fish and chips and received two Hake fillets of about 3 oz. each--not really a lot for my appetite but tasty. My wife ordered lamb chops, which she loved. I also received a medium portion of french fries. Before the main meal, we each received a large hard roll, butter, and a soft cheese. All in all, the meal was fine. The fish was 7; lamb was 14; white or red wine, 2.75; Cuba Libre, 6; couvert (bread?) 1.90, and the cheese, 4 -- all prices in euros. The service, as always, was very good.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

We usually walk by the restaurants that try to herd you in, and we did here too, but came back. The 'herding' wasn't aggressive, we were able to sit outside, someone was playing the guitar a little way along, and helpful staff with menu. Had a reasonable meal, including a local mixed grill for two. Not amazing but a pleasant evening